Career Development Program (Management Trainee) Job Job Listing at HD Supply in Richmond, VA
Career Development Program (Management Trainee)
Requisition # 74555
VA015 VA Richmond 2500 Glen Center St
Line of Business
HD Supply White Cap
Minimum Travel Percentage
This is a cross functional branch development program targeting recent college graduates and/or those with equivalent work experience. The program is designed to attract the very best talent and provide selected candidates with the opportunity to develop the skills necessary for a successful career in sales or operations. Program participants will complete a program that includes rotational assignments in various segments of the branch business with on-the-job training. Program associates act as role models of professionalism, ethical behavior and utilize effective decision making at all times. Program associates must thrive on challenge and a changing environment, while demanding continuous learning in a competitive, fast paced environment.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
* Participates in cross-functional job rotations in various areas of the branch and in a variety of developmental related tasks including , leadership development, mentor meetings, and other learning activities with the purpose of matching the individual with the sales or operations opportunity that best matches interests, skills and abilities.
* Utilizes learning programs to develop leadership, operations and/or sales knowledge within the branch/facility.
* Experiences hands-on training needed to learn business systems and processes.
* Learns key interfaces within each area of the business as well as company culture.
* Represents SPIRIT values in all interactions with associates, customers and suppliers; works effectively with branch and corporate associates at all levels, consistently following all company policies and procedures.
* Adds value to assigned branch by participating in branch activities and completing assigned tasks in a timely manner and as directed.
Nature and Scope
* Works in compliance with established procedures and/or protocols. Identifies and resolves readily identifiable, clearly defined problems. Demonstrates skill in data analysis, techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information, inconsistencies/anomalies in routine research/data.
* Nature of work requires general supervision; exercises judgment. May be paired with a mentor. Work typically involves regular process checks or review of output by a coworker and/or supervisor.
* May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support personnel.
* Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements including, but not limited to, using a 10-key or calculator, bending or squatting.
* Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
* Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
* Must be eighteen years of age
* Must pass the Drug Test
* Must pass the Background Check
* Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
* Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Certification may be required in some areas. Generally 0-2 years of experience in related field OR MS/MA and generally 0-1 year of experience in related field.
* Demonstrated history of holding effective leadership positions (e.g. associations, college groups, etc.).
* Previous work experience, internships etc.
HD Supply is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a diverse workplace.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Richmond, VA
View similar jobs:
Jr IT Tech
Amazon - Chester, VA
EMC - Glen Allen, VA
Robert Half Technology - RICHMOND, VA
Locate this job: