Environmental, Health & Safety Manager Job Job Listing at HD Supply in Atlanta, GA
Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
Requisition # 73855
GA201 GA Atlanta 3100 Cumberland Blvd
Line of Business
Minimum Travel Percentage
Responsible for assisting with the development, communication, implementation and monitoring of comprehensive environmental, health, safety and DOT programs; policies and procedures to reduce accidental losses and protect company assets; ensure vendor, contractor, and customer safety; and, ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements. Act as a resource and subject matter expert for internal and external customers in matters relating to environmental, health, safety and DOT concerns. Provide due diligence and integration support services and expertise to enable company growth and limit future liability.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
* Strategically plans, promotes, organizes, directs and audits EHS-related activities and operations to ensure consistent execution of policies and procedures.
* Develops sustainable processes to determine the effectiveness of the EHS programs and training materials, drive cost-out measures, and ensures compliance.
* Analyzes needs and assists with the development of strategic plans for the creation and integration of environmental, health, safety and DOT programs, policies and procedures for existing and newly acquired businesses.
* Visits facilities regularly, provides technical support and serves as information resource for internal and external customers. Communicates regularly with senior management.
* Actively supports all lines of business in all operational, greenfield growth and acquisitive growth including diligence and integration-related activities.
Nature and Scope
* Solutions require analysis and investigation.
* Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles and practical experience.
* Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises.
* Most of the time is spent sitting in the same position or standing/walking or there is some requirement to lift or handle material or equipment of moderate weight (8 - 20 pounds).
* Usually in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort from such things as dust, fumes or odors.
* Typically requires overnight travel 20% to 50% of the time.
* Must be eighteen years of age
* Must pass the Drug Test
* Must pass the Background Check
* Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
* Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 7+ years experience in related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
* Experience in environmental, industrial hygiene, safety, and DOT compliance functions.
* Some experience managing teams of EHS specialists.
* Six Sigma, ISO 14001,OSHA VPP experience.
HD Supply is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a diverse workplace.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:General Scientific jobs in Atlanta, GA
View similar jobs:
Ecological Monitoring Field Tech
The Nature Conservancy - Atlanta, GA
Food Scientist - Assistant Laboratory Manager
Kelly Services - Covington, GA
Kelly Services - Duluth, GA
Locate this job: