Estimator, Capitol Heights, MD Job Job Listing at HD Supply in Capitol Heights, MD
Estimator, Capitol Heights, MD
Requisition # 74317
MD029 MD Capitol Heights 1000 Hampton Park Blvd
Line of Business
Creative Touch Interiors
Minimum Travel Percentage
As an Estimator for Creative Touch Interiors you will be responsible for completing detailed and itemized flororing products and other material quantity estimates from owner or contractor furnished plan sets.
Creative Touch Interiors (CTI) is one of the nation's largest, premium interiors partner to the building industry. CTI offers turnkey supply and installation of multiple interior finish options, including flooring, cabinets, countertops and window coverings, for residential and commercial projects, along with comprehensive design center and interior care services. With over 100 years of collective industry experience, CTI has 50 design centers, presence in 24 states and service functions in 32 states. In the Residential market, most of the top 25 homebuilders in the U.S. rely on CTI for exceptional interior finish products, quality fabrication and installation services. CTI provided products and services for nearly 30,000 homes in 2011.
* Experience in material estimating related to construction materials and/or other industry related experience helpful.
* Experience in installations of flooring materials helpful.
* Experience in reading plan drawings and/or schematics helpful.
* Experience in CAD and/or other digital drawing tools helpful.
* Math, Microsoft Excel, and/or SAP experience helpful.
* Computer navigation skills required.
Responsible for completing detailed and itemized material quantity estimates from owner or contractor furnished plan sets.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
* Completes detailed and itemized material quantity estimates from owner or contractor furnished plan sets.
* Determines accurate quantities related materials as measured from provided plan sets.
* Identifies materials required for the construction of facilities.
* Researches plans and specifications to determine any special material requirements. Procures, picks-up and returns plan sets as required.
* Communicates with design engineer or owner to clarify any unusual or special material issues.
* Determines if supplied materials meet local/state/federal specifications.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
* Works in compliance with established procedures and/or protocols. Identifies and resolves readily identifiable, clearly defined problems. Demonstrates skill in data analysis, techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information, inconsistencies/anomalies in routine research/data.
* Nature of work requires general supervision; exercises judgment. May be paired with a mentor. Work typically involves regular process checks or review of output by a coworker and/or supervisor.
* May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support personnel.
* Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
* Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.
* Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
* Must be eighteen years of age
* Must pass the Drug Test
* Must pass the Background Check
* Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
* Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Certification may be required in some areas. Generally 0-2 years of experience in related field OR MS/MA and generally 0-1 year of experience in related field.
HD Supply is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a diverse workplace.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Insurance jobs in Maryland Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Field Property Claims Specialist - Baltimore City, MD
Liberty Mutual Insurance - Towson, MD
Field Property Loss Specialist - Columbia, MD
Liberty Mutual Insurance - Columbia, MD
Customer Claims Representative - Hunt Valley, MD
Liberty Mutual Insurance - Hunt Valley, MD
Locate this job: