Fabricator-Thread Line - Phoenix, AZ - HD Supply Waterworks/Fire Protection Job Job Listing at HD Supply in Phoenix, AZ
Fabricator-Thread Line - Phoenix, AZ - HD Supply Waterworks/Fire Protection
Requisition # 71440
AZ073 AZ Phoenix 1650 E Riverview Dr
Line of Business
Minimum Travel Percentage
Manufacture customized products that meet customer specifications and prepare completed orders for shipment.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
* Examines specifications of the customer’s order using drawings, work orders, or blueprints to determine the characteristics of the finished item, materials to be used, and machine setup requirements.
* Fabricates work piece as determined by work order specifications. Retrieves correct materials and performs various fabrication duties.
* Examines work piece visually, by touch, or using tape rule, calipers, or gauges to ensure product meets desired standards.
* Packages for shipping. Installs protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
* Maintains condition of work area (i.e., free of trash, product in correct location, etc.).
* Follows company safety policies and procedures.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
* Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
* Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior co-worker and/or supervisor.
* Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting and maneuvering material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
* Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
* Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
* Must be eighteen years of age
* Must pass the Drug Test
* Must pass the Background Check
* Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
* HS Diploma or GED required. 1-2 years of experience in fire sprinkler fabrication, preferably on a thread line.
* Experience with fabrication shop equipment.
* Metal working experience preferred.
HD Supply is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a diverse workplace.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Government jobs in Phoenix, AZ
View similar jobs:
Government Hospitalist Job in Southern Arizona
Soliant Health - Southern, AZ
Locate this job: