Lead Systems Engineer Job Job Listing at HD Supply in San Diego, CA
Lead Systems Engineer
Requisition # 73081
CA077 CA San Diego 10641 Scripps Summit Ct
Line of Business
Minimum Travel Percentage
Develop, maintain and support complex technical infrastructures, hardware, and system software components. Act as team lead providing expert technical direction. Interface with Business Stakeholders on complex projects.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
* Oversees and performs installation, maintenance and support of system hardware/software and user support. Research, plan and implement new technologies.
* Performs engineering and roll-out implementation.
* Performs configuration, debugging and support for multiple infrastructure platforms.
* Review and perform root cause analysis for service interruption recovery; create preventative measures.
* Monitor and tune platforms to ensure expected availability and performance levels are achieved.
* Provide technical support to help desk and Systems Engineers.
* Identify processes for automation.
Nature and Scope
* Displays the highest level of critical thinking and analysis in bringing successful resolution to high impact, complex, and/or cross department problems. Makes prompt, sound decisions when faced with complex and often contradictory alternatives that result in successful outcomes.
* Operates with considerable latitude. Situations may have little or no precedent requiring original or new concepts or approaches without guidance from others. Reaches decisions under conditions of uncertainty.
* Develops or engages/directs others in developing innovative solutions to important, highly complex strategic and operating problems; cross department considerations are often present.
* Most of the time is spent sitting or standing in the same location or there may be a need to stoop regularly or move/lift light material or equipment (typically less than 8 pounds).
* Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
* No travel required.
* Must be eighteen years of age
* Must pass the Drug Test
* Must pass the Background Check
* Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
* Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 8+ years of experience in related field; certification is required in some areas OR MS/MA and generally 5+ years of experience in related field. Certification is required in some areas.
* Experience with design and implementation of high availability applications infrastructure on Linux – Linux clustering, Veritas Cluster, Netscaler loadbalancers.
* Experience implementing new technologies, converting technologies, and technology management including Operating systems (Unix and Linux), application servers (Jboss, Websphere, Tomcat, Weblogic); databases (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL) and intrusion detection systems.
* 5 + years experience with Hitachi, Netapp and HP storage arrays and Veritas Netbackup.
* Experience with debugging performance issues on Linux and Oracle. Kernel configurations to support high throughput and very large memory configurations. File system configurations to support large databases.
* Experience with backup and recovery of very large Oracle databases using RMAN.
* Knowledge of replication technologies (Hitachi True Copy, CA Replication, VVR) to support DR capability
* Experience with interfacing with vendors on new technologies and support issues.
Click here to learn more about the benefits of joining our IT team
HD Supply is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a diverse workplace.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in San Diego, CA
View similar jobs:
Assoc Systems Engineer I
EMC - San Diego, CA
Software Engineer C++ - SNEI - SD
Sony Electronics - San Diego, CA
Web & Mobile Application Development Intern
Sony Electronics - San Diego, CA
Locate this job: