Senior Business Analyst - Marketing Job Job Listing at HD Supply in San Diego, CA
Senior Business Analyst - Marketing
Requisition # 74392
CA077 CA San Diego 10641 Scripps Summit Ct
Line of Business
Minimum Travel Percentage
HD Supply Facilities Maintenance is a leading supplier of maintenance, repair and operations (MRO) products to owners and managers of multifamily, hospitality, educational and commercial properties; healthcare providers; and municipal and government facilities. HD Supply Facilities Maintenance has 37 U.S. distribution centers, a fleet of more than 600 delivery vehicles and 22,000 items in stock.
Headquartered in San Diego, HD Supply Facilities Maintenance earned a Marble Award in the local 2011 Workplace Excellence Awards from the Society of Human Resource Management as well as recognition as a Healthy Company from the San Diego Business Journal. HD Supply offers the compensation, benefits and incentive programs to build your best life.
Gather, analyze, and document business requirements for internal customers. Ensure technology solutions align with business needs and strategic goals. Research, design, document, test and leverage business solutions. Assist in defining and planning departmental project roadmaps. Partner with clients and manage prioritization and delivery of IT services for an application module or subject area.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
* Interfaces with Business Stakeholders and IT infrastructure teams to define, gather, and document business processes and needs, and translate into detailed functional specifications for development. Performs business systems and process analysis of existing and future systems/processes. Conducts interviews and requirements gathering workshops. Ensures sign-off of all artifacts.
* Coordinates requirements for new and existing applications. Assists in testing, training plan development and training, support for users, and developing user documentation (i.e. web manuals, reference guides, etc.). Participates in QA process; identifies test cases; explains complex processes; aids in developing test plans.
* Analyzes current state and emerging technology/application functionality and business needs proactively to add value.
* Develops detailed business case, ROI calculations, value definition, cost assessments (expense/capital), benefits, and risk analysis
* Works with the project team to manage project scope and timeline, from conception to implementation. Manages project tasks and project life cycle phases (i.e. defining requirements, documentation, process flows and specifications, etc.) to meet customer goals and requirements. May act as a Project Manager on approved projects, defining scope, project schedules, and implementing solutions per IT tollgate processes.
* Coordinates relationship and communication with the client and prioritizes the delivery of IT services.
* Conducts root cause analysis using knowledge of applications, interfaces, and technology for defect resolution in a module or subject area.
Nature and Scope
* Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information, that produce effective end results.
* Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to results expected. Determines and develops approach to solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues.
* May oversee the completion of projects and assignments, including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. Contributes to employees professional development but does not have hiring or firing authority.
* Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
* Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
* Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
* Must be eighteen years of age
* Must pass the Drug Test
* Must pass the Background Check
* Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
* Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 5-8 years of experience in related field; certification is required in some areas OR MS/MA and generally 3-5 years of experience in related field. Certification is required in some areas.
* Proven experience defining business requirements and testing
* Knowledge of Marketing applications and business processes is ideal
* Strong relationship management skills with a customer service mindset
* Ability to analyze operational and system processes to troubleshoot, debug and identify opportunities for improvement
* SAP functional experience a plus
Click here to learn more about the benefits of joining our IT team
HD Supply is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a diverse workplace.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in San Diego, CA
View similar jobs:
Branch Manager Trainee - Tri - City Area
Chase - CA, California
McDonald's - El Cajon, CA
Retail Store Management Trainee
Bridgestone - Firestone - San Diego, CA
Locate this job: