Senior Manager, Human Resources Job Job Listing at HD Supply in Atlanta, GA
Senior Manager, Human Resources
Requisition # 73702
GA201 GA Atlanta 3100 Cumberland Blvd
Line of Business
Minimum Travel Percentage
Lead the implementation of HR initiatives and programs for varying functional areas and geographic locations to ensure effective utilization of human capital. Acts as the strategic business partner to the Functional Business Leader. Accelerates business objectives by partnering with Functional Leader and the HR SME to develop and execute specific strategies in organization design, change management, learning, staffing, compensation and integration.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
* Provides guidance in setting strategic business direction for growth. Partners with Functional VP, HR VP and HR SME to develop and implement HR strategy that aligns and supports the functional strategy. Serves as business advisor/coach, facilitates change management, integration Initiatives, field visits, and supports the development of business initiatives and metrics to drive organizational growth.
* Manages succession planning, management development and performance management for functional groups. Provides tools and facilitates meetings to ensure ongoing development and follow-up to include talent assessment and calibration for GSC and field associates.
* Develop, deliver and facilitate a staffing strategy and process for recruiting and talent assessment. Acquires talent for Corporate, manager and field level positions.
* Assist in the development and implementation of compensation, career development, diversity, change management, and recognition programs. Lead process for continual review, education and dissemination of policies and procedures to limit legal exposure. Creates and maintains a culture that promotes a union-free environment. Leverage technology in process engineering to drive operational excellence.
* May lead corporate HR initiatives and may conduct HR training and development.
Nature and Scope
* Solutions require analysis and investigation.
* Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles and practical experience. May recommend/make decisions regarding new programs/initiatives that have significant impact to the business and carry consequences in unsuccessful endeavors.
* Manages a larger team or multiple small teams through direction of subordinate management and/or supervisory staff.
* Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
* Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
* Typically requires overnight travel 20% to 50% of the time.
* Must be eighteen years of age
* Must pass the Drug Test
* Must pass the Background Check
* Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
* Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 7+ years experience in related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
* In-depth knowledge and experience with the regulatory environment impacting HR decisions.
* Complex project management experience.
* Proven experience supporting senior level executives.
* Graduate degree in related field preferred.
HD Supply is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a diverse workplace.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Human Resources jobs in Atlanta, GA
View similar jobs:
Human Resource (Unpaid internship)
Lucentra Corporation - Atlanta, GA
HR Manager, Generalist
Bed Bath & Beyond - Pendergrass, GA
HR Background Check Associate
Carters, Inc. - Atlanta, GA
Locate this job: