Warehouse Associate II Job Job Listing at HD Supply in Montebello, CA
Warehouse Associate II
Requisition # 74740
CA049 CA Montebello 1625 Washington Blvd
Line of Business
HD Supply White Cap
Minimum Travel Percentage
Responsible for specialized warehouse tasks in receiving, inventory, customer service, and/or order processing.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
* Receives, counts and records shipment data into the system. Matches packing list information to actual packed merchandise. Prepares packages/merchandise for storage.
* Record receiving data using computer.
* Pack, unpack, and mark stock items, using identification tag, stamp, or electronic marking tool or other labeling equipment
* Identify incorrect/short shipped items and immediately notify supervisor.
* Deliver products, supplies, and equipment to designated area. May operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete tasks.
* Verify computations against physical count of stock. Examine and inspect stock items for wear and defects.
* Maintains condition of work area (i.e. free of trash, product in correct location, etc.). Follows company safety policies and procedures and encourages other associates to do the same.
* May perform order layout and make changes to carriers or picking method. Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
* Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
* Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior co worker or supervisor.
* Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements including, but not limited to, using a 10-key or calculator, bending or squatting.
* Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
* Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
* Must be eighteen years of age
* Must pass the Drug Test
* Must pass the Background Check
* Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
* HS Diploma or GED required. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2 - 5 years of experience in area of responsibility.
* Knowledge of machines and tools.
* Computer experience.
* Time management and organization skills.
* Ability to understand written material and basic math skills
* Interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work with others in a group, cooperate with others, offer to help when needed, and foster a team climate within the group where members are committed to a common goal.
HD Supply is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a diverse workplace.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Manufacturing jobs in Los Angeles, CA
View similar jobs:
Goodyear - Vernon, CA
Warehouse Associate II (Receiving) City of Industry, CA Job
HD Supply - City of Industry, CA
Stand Up Reach Forklift Operator
Kelly Services - Los Angeles, CA
Locate this job: