Apply on Company Website
We're currently seeking a Field Construction Representative
for a direct hire opportunity with our client, a Fortune 500
retailer. As Field Construction Rep, you will serves as liaison
between Director, Construction and contractors/landlords to
secure, review, negotiate and select bids. You will also assist
in the interpretation and enforcement of lease agreements and
supervise the remodeling of new construction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include
but are not limited to the following):
- Assists Director, Construction in securing bids from local
contractors for remodeling, new construction and separation of
facility to lease excess property.
- Assists in the review and negotiation of bids received.
- Interprets lease agreements, identifies and enforces segments
of lease agreements which identify the landlord's versus the
Company's responsibilities for remodeling and construction work.
Oversees work of local contractors to ensure all remodeling and
new construction is completed according to workmanship standards,
within budget, and by due date.
- Serves as on-site liaison with management personnel to
communicate project status and potential problems.
- Recommends alternative strategies to facilitate project
completion as problems arise.
- Conducts on-site inspections to identify workmanship
standards of HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems, roof
structure, flooring, walls, ceilings, dock, doors and door
- Oversees store fixturing process.
- Interacts with building officials to obtain necessary permits
and determine additional work to be performed.
- Performs minor repairs and maintenance as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Three to five years of retail store operations experience
- Two to three years of store set-up experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of assembly and usage of store and trade
- Completion of several courses in Drafting preferred. Basic
carpentry skills and ability to read blueprints required.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate extensive weekly travel
- Ability to work with all levels of state officials and
contractors in the construction field required. Excellent oral
and written communication skills required.