Apply on Company Website
Assist the Internal Audit Manager and the Business
Process Owners with Sarbanes-Oxley project
documentation and testing. Perform audits as
assigned.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(include but are not limited to the following):
- Assists in establishing corporate policy in
all SOX related matters by understanding and
interpreting regulatory requirements related to
- Assists in the assessment of internal controls
design and the development of internal controls
testing procedures methods to reach an
assessment as to the effectiveness of internal
- Performs and documents required independent
testing of key controls and identifies control
gaps in conjunction with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
activities. Performs process documentation for
SOX. Liaise with Process Owners to assess key SOX
- Prepares summaries of testing results and
interfaces with Company’s independent auditors.
- As time permits, assists in the planning of
operational and compliance audits and conducts
- Prepares audit work papers in compliance with
internal audit policies and IIA standards.
- Evaluates audit observations and drafts
recommendations to improve policies, procedures,
efficiency and controls.
- Follows up on recommendations to ensure they
are implemented timely and effectively.
Performs special investigations and projects as
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance
required. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or
Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation
- Minimum 2+ years related accounting experience
(Big 4 preferred) or comparable private industry
internal audit experience preferred. Certified
Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal
Auditor (CIA) designation preferred.
- Understanding of internal control concepts and
experience in applying them to plan, perform,
manage and report on the evaluation of various
business processes/ areas/ functions required.
- Ability to work independently under general
supervision with considerable latitude for
initiative and independent judgment required.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working
relationships with co-workers, staff and external
contacts, and to work effectively in a
professional team environment required.
- Skilled in effective verbal and written
communications, including active listening skills
and skill in presenting findings and
- Knowledge of retail industry preferred.
- Excellent PC skills including spreadsheet,
word processing and presentation programs
required. ACL and SAP experience preferred.