Apply on Company Website
Oversees the day to day activities of the
administrative and control functions and ensures
proper accounting for all inventory purchases. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(include but are not limited to the following):
- Leads the monthly general ledger close
process, including the preparation of monthly
journal entries and account reconciliations, with
a focus on more complex topics, such as equity,
intercompany, significant accruals, consolidation
- Completes and coordinates preparation of
monthly management reporting packages.
- Performs analytical reviews of certain
functional cost categories and balance sheet
- Prepares periodic analyses of complex and
critical accounting estimates.
- Maintains compliance with internal controls,
and related Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOX") requirements,
in assigned areas.
- Assists in maintenance of financial systems
core data, including master data set-up,
department / cost center alignments, and system
close of financial periods.
- Assists with departmental projects, such as
user testing of system implementations,
integration activities, ad hoc analysis, etc., as
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance,
with minimum of 5 years of relevant work
experience required; combination of corporate and
public accounting preferred.
- Thorough understanding of, and practical
experience in, corporate accounting concepts,
including consolidations, intercompany, multiple
entity allocations, and accounting systems
- Understanding of Retail Accounting, including
gross margin impact and inventory preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication,
analytical, and organizational skills required.
- Excellent accuracy, attention to detail, and
time management skills required.
- Experience with large scale ERP accounting
systems and related reporting tools required.
- Experience with SAP and Essbase preferred.
- Proficiency in Excel required. Working
knowledge of Word, Access and AS/400 preferred.
- Working knowledge of internal controls / SOX