Software Senior Engineering Manager Job Listing at Headway Workforce Solutions in NEWPORT NEWS, VA
Immediate Direct Hire opportunity for experienced Software Engineering Manager.
Senior Software Engineer
The Senior Software Engineer will participate in all phases of the software development life cycle including embedded software systems and subsystems requirements definition, software design and coding in C and C++, and software maintenance for avionics communications products. Define and review software requirements for new and existing avionics products including functional and interface requirements and develop and maintain design models and code. Conduct software verification and testing, troubleshooting, debugging, and functional analysis. Collaborate in a cross-functional, multi-disciplined IPT on moderately complex development projects.
• Design, develop, and test embedded software for commercial avionics using C and C++ programming languages. Review existing embedded system software code and modify to add new functionality per customer requirements.
• Assist in the development of test software (BIST) to confirm that software implementation satisfies the requirements necessary for production, verification and validation, and automated product testing. Conduct Problem Report investigation, identify non-compliance or failure issues, and implement resolution.
• Write software design documents consistent with DO-178B process requirements, as well as comprehensive product and software specifications documentation as required. Assist in tracking software work products and preserving software design, development, and test histories.
• Technical contributor to software design and code reviews, requirements capture, detailed design and planning, and scheduling throughout the software life cycle. Perform low level and high level tests on the software, and write software functional test cases and procedures to verify software functional requirements. Collaborate with Hardware Engineers to resolve design/debugging issues.
• Ensure requirements are properly incorporated and traced throughout the software design process and product lifecycle. Collaborate with multi-disciplined teams to support development of software documentation, plans and schedules across entire product lifecycle.
• Work with customer and internal Customer Service personnel to troubleshoot and resolve software problems involving custom software configurations and integration with other avionics.
• Work with product/program/project managers to investigate in-service issues, evaluate and clarify software requirements, identify risks, and recommend solutions.
• Support FAA certification activities and coordination of SOI Audits with customers and FAA/EASA.
• Bachelors Degree in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related engineering field with heavy emphasis in software engineering and mathematics, and a minimum of 7+ years of work experience in commercial avionics.
• Highly proficient with C and C++ programming languages, design, coding, development, and testing of avionics system software representing critical engineering solutions.
• Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software engineering principles, and analysis of hardware and software interface design issues.
• Strong knowledge of DO-178B development process, ability to contribute to the planning, execution, and documentation development of DO-178 compliant products.
• Hands-on experience with avionics data buses and communication protocols including ARINC 429, ARINC 618, ARINC 739, Ethernet, USB, Video / Display Interfaces, Discrete I/O and/or Analog I/O, DO-160 and DO-254 product and process development standards.
• Familiarity with electronics lab test equipment, manufacturing processes, assemblies and subassemblies, electrical wiring diagrams, FPGA design or CCA development.
• Must have familiarity with electronic and embedded computer circuitry to the degree necessary to test and debug low-level software / firmware functions on target hardware. Experience with hardware/software debugging using oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, or other standard lab equipment.
• Experience with bug tracking tools (Bugzilla), version control systems (CVS), and requirements tracking tools (DOORS, Synergy, Labview, Matlab, Simulink, Clearcase). Provide cost, schedule, and technical status.
• Working knowledge of IP-based data networks, related protocols and applications in embedded Linux and/or Windows operating system environments, and electrical design principles a plus.
• Familiarity with AS9100 and ISO 9001 standard quality processes a plus.
• Ability to manage tasks, quickly learns existing applications, and hit the ground running. Must be highly reliable and capable of meeting work schedule consistently.
• Strong problem solving, analytical, and interpersonal communication skills. Strong organizational and time management skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Highly motivated, multi-tasker with a positive attitude and the ability to work independently and as a team player in a fast paced environment with changing priorities.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Newport News, VA
View similar jobs:
The Judge Group - NEWPORT NEWS, VA
Quality Engineering Technician
Kelly Services - Newport News, VA
Regional Vice President Engineering
Frontier Communications - CHARLESTON, VA
Locate this job: