Apply on Company Website
Negotiates Company’s position with opposing
counsel for leases, license agreements, amendments
and other related contracts. Prepares, reviews,
and analyzes the appropriate legal documents.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(include but are not limited to the following):
- Advises and handles daily issues regarding
lease interpretation and enforcement of lease
provisions. Counsels and resolves disputes, and
lease interpretation issues, and answers questions
for members of other departments.
- Reviews and analyzes leases to prepare
internal lease abstract that summarizes terms.
- Anticipates and minimizes potential legal
- Researches, reviews, and provides counsel and
advice regarding various real estate litigation
cases brought by or against the company.
- Addresses issues regarding the real estate
acquisitions, dispositions, and financing.
- Addresses other contracts and legal projects
as requested by management.
- Juris Doctorate and previous experience with
retail leasing required.
- Required to be admitted to the bar and in good
standing in Ohio or admitted to the bar and in
good standing in another state and eligible for
admission on motion in Ohio.
- Ability to cooperatively work with the
Company’s management, attorneys and staff, as well
as, outside counsel required.
- Excellent business judgment, problem solving
skills, and a strong work ethic required.
- Excellent oral/written communication,
organizational, and negotiation skills required.
Excellent attention to detail and independent
decision making skills also required.
- Ability to keep Company proprietary
information confidential required.
- General computer experience, including
Microsoft Word, Access, and Win Lease preferred.