Apply on Company Website
Primarily responsible for accurate and timely
corporate property tax compliance (real and
personal) and corporate unclaimed funds
compliance. Also responsible for G/L accounting,
Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, budgeting and
forecasting relating to property taxes and
unclaimed funds.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(include but are not limited to the following):
- Leads the property tax area in the preparation
of all personal property tax and unclaimed funds
returns. Reviews working papers and returns for
personal property tax and unclaimed funds.
- Enhances processes in regards to personal
property tax and unclaimed funds.
- Ensures accurate and timely payment of
property tax bills and unclaimed funds.
- Identifies and analyzes various property tax
and unclaimed funds issues.
- Reviews annual property tax budgets.
- Ensures accurate preparation/posting of
monthly journal entries.
- Prepares/ reviews property tax and unclaimed
funds general ledger account reconciliations and
relevant tasks associated with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Partners with income tax professionals in
calculating book/tax differences for personal
property and real estate taxes.
- Implements property tax strategies, including
cost segregation studies.
- Oversees feasibility review of real estate
assessments as needed.
- Ensures tax abatement compliance. Prepares/
reviews abatement applications or abatement
- Assists management with location strategy
study and reports.
- Manages the workload and administration of
performance reviews of direct report(s).
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent
knowledge and two to four years tax experience
required. CPA or equivalent knowledge and
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills
- Strong written and oral communication/
interaction skills required. Strong organization
skills, including the ability to manage resources
and to meet multiple deadlines in time constrained
- Working knowledge of personal property, real
estate and abandoned property laws required.
- Strong computer skills, proficiency with
Excel, and experience with other Microsoft Office
- Experience with SAP, Lawson G/L, and Lawson
Asset Manager preferred.
- Database skills or experience with Microsoft