Apply on Company Website
The Actuarial Analyst is responsible for performing risk score analytics and assisting with Medicare bids, rate filings, and other tasks on both a regular and ad hoc basis.
- Handle premiums, claims, enrollment, and administrative expense data for reports to government and regulatory entities (such as CMS, NYSID, NYDOH, etc.) and routine internal reports.
- Perform risk score analytics.
- Work on data incorporated into high level corporate reporting and monitor experience of all lines of business.
- Prepare periodic product and rate filings for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services(CMS), Department Of Health(DOH), and New York State Identification (NYSID) for all products lines and provide input to Managers, Directors, and Vice Presidents in making assumptions and decisions.
- Provide other data analysis as required by management.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate and consult with colleagues, auditors, and other third parties.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks.
- 3 years of total work experience with at least 1 year in the health insurance industry in the actuarial, finance, or similar department.
- Advanced Excel user - must know how to work with and create pivot tables.
- Intermediate SAS or SQL programmer experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or Finance.
- 3+ years of actuarial experience in the health insurance industry.
- Basic knowledge of Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
- Advanced SAS or SQL programmer.
- Intermediate MS Access user - must know how to create "join", "make table", "update", and "select" queries
Apply for this job online Refer a friend to this job Not ready to apply? Connect with us. Share this Job: