Assistant Director, Sales Training Job Listing at Healthfirst in New York, NY
Job Title: Assistant Director, Sales Training
Department: Sales Training
Reports To: Director, Sales Training
The Assistant Director,Training position is responsible for building capacity and competency of staff; creating professional development opportunities and pipeline; ensuring compliance with training requirements of regulatory agencies. In addition, the candidate will manage the instructional design and classroom training function for all Healthfirst Sales Training initiatives, including overall strategic and tactical planning and implementation of all Medicare, PHSP, NJFC technical systems and commercial plan sales training related activities. Directly responsible for overseeing the New Hire Program, quarterly and yearly Refreshers, Go To Market, and Leave of Absence Trainings. Project and Program Management Design and leadership is a must. Must have ability to evaluate and manage the ongoing performance and development of sales trainers. Provide individualized coaching and participate in developmental and/or disciplinary planning. Must show excellent team-building and communication skills. Ability to periodically review, evaluate and update training programs to ensure compliance with government, state, city, and Healthfirst Standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage and direct training programs for all Healthfirst Marketing and Medicare Sales staff such as New Hire, product/plan, sales workshops, marketing guidelines, procedures and protocol, technical training, divisional/team product refresher training, quarterly/yearly manager and representative refresher training for all Lines of Business. Periodically review, evaluate and update training programs to ensure compliance with government, state, city, and Healthfirst Standards.
· Build upon the core training required for compliance with regulatory agencies to address staff development needs in the areas of Marketing and Medicare. Oversee the development and design of training manuals, job aids, leader guides, participant guides, PowerPoint presentations, visual aids, and other educational materials. Oversee the development of needs assessment, program testing, and evaluations.
· Develop a monthly training calendar, appointing staff trainers at various training locations. Oversee the comprehensive and complex management of scheduling of all classes, workshops, courses, and training programs.
· Ensure that training needs of sales training staff are being met in accordance with regulations and best practice standards. Develop working relationships with colleagues across departments such as enrollment, product management, and regulatory compliance to ensure benefit, process and procedural changes are understood and interpreted appropriately. Ensure that all relevant information is captured accurately and approved.
· Develop and implement staff training on the LMS for PHSP Marketing and Medicare Sales staff. Evaluate and manage the ongoing performance and development of sales trainers. Provide individualized coaching and participate in developmental and/or disciplinary planning. Maintain accurate details of coaching sessions, individual trainer goals, and developmental activities. Write and deliver yearly performance evaluations.
· Project and Program Management Design and make necessary revisions to program. Assist the Director of Sales Training as needed with operational, corporate, and sales training reports, analysis, strategy, logisitics and planning. Attend and represent the department and the Director of Sales Training at internal and/or external meetings and/or conferences as assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
Increase individual and team effectiveness by creating and distributing training resources, learning aids and process documentation to learners.
Required: Bachelor's degree.
Work Related Skills and Experience:
Technical Skills :
Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint skills are required.
A minimum of five years of managerial experience required.
· Project and Program Management Design and leadership a must.
· Ability to evaluate and manage the ongoing performance and development of sales trainers. Provide individualized coaching and participate in developmental and/or disciplinary planning.. Excellent team-building and communication skills.
· Ability to periodically review, evaluate and update training programs to ensure compliance with government, state, city, and Healthfirst Standards.
While performing the duties of this job, this employee will be occasionally be overhead lifting and lifting/carrying 1-10lbs; frequently walking and standing; and constantly sitting and keying.
Work Environment :
This employee will constantly be in an indoor environment.
Healthfirst offers a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
· Basic Life and Accident Insurance
· Supplemental Life insurance
· Dependent Life Insurance
· Short-Term Disability
· Buy-Up Short Term Disability
· Long-Term Disability
· Flexible Reimbursement Accounts
· Healthfirst 401(k) Plan
· Employee Assistance Plan
· Commuter Savings Program
· Eligibility for Annual Bonuses
· Generous Paid Time Off program
· Paid Candidate Referral Program
Conditions of Employment: Employee must pass pre-employment screening which includes a background check and drug testing. Employee must present documentation to verify minimum of high school educational requirement.
Disclaimer: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status .
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Human Resources jobs in New York, NY
View similar jobs:
J.P. Morgan - NY, New York
Compensation Analyst, Commercial Bank Human Resources
Chase - NY, New York
HR Business Partner Associate - Client Businesses
BlackRock - New York, NY
Locate this job: