QA Manager Job Listing at Healthfirst in New York, NY
Job Title: QA Manager
Department: Information Services – Applications Systems
Reports To: Director, Information Services
The QA Manager will be responsible for the day to day management of Quality Assurance resources to insure the highest level of support is provided at all times. The QA Manager will oversee and triage any and all issues related to Quality Assurance including resource and demand management as well as forecasting.
This position will also be response ble for the oversight of the Automation, Performance, testing planning and analyzes results to insure they comply with specifications and IS standards. Prepares reports on the same and confers with programmers, business analysts, and upper management. This position needs to be filled to ensure that a standardized methods and procedures are used for efficient and prompt handling of all QA testing activities and automation opportunities. We have also made a major investment in test automation tools and licenses, which with the correct and additional staff, will streamline the way QA tests today and automate our future testing activities. Implementing methodology and guidelines and enforcement of such will ensure HealthFirst applications are given a high level of Quality Assurance in a more efficient method from a time perspective.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible/participate in designing , developing, implementing and maintaining a cost effective, long-term automation and Performance strategy and framework promoting reusable components, low maintenance costs, high efficiency and scalability. Facilitate in the integration opportunities for the manual and automated test tools.
· Effectively employ test automation to reduce testing cycles on repeated tasks. Develops test plans, test cases, strategies and QA metrics in support of test execution. Performs full functional regression testing on assigned projects.
· Reviews functional specifications and assists in evaluating test automation approach profiling of manual test cases for automation test opportunities.
· Maintain test automation/performance tools and processes which includes license management, training of current staff, sizing of application and modeling of application in support of growth.
· Perform employee and task oversight on an ongoing basis to insure the highest levels of customer support are adhered to and that all issues are addressed and worked in a timely manner and adhere to agreed upon SLA's. Ensure that escalated issues are handled appropriately. Provide timely and detailed status reports on a weekly basis.
· Effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously for self and direct reports. Actively participate in frequent project or support related meetings.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist Technical services during upgrades of performance. automations tools, environments and Test data management oversight.
· Supporting computer operations issues or concerns as it pertains to Automation, performance tools and environment.
· Participating in gathering data for Healthfirst Audits.
· Interface with the DTO as it pertains to test automation and performance reporting.
Required: Master's degree.
Work Related Skills and Experience:
Technical Skills :
Advanced SQL, client/server/web, SSOS/SSRS, Windows/7/NT/XP, QTP Professional and Quality Center ALM skills are required.
Minimum 8 years of experience to include the following:
· Experience in managing automation strategy and framework promoting reusable components, low maintenance costs, high efficiency and scalability
· Experience managing senior-level internal team members
· Experience in test framework which includes automation, performance and have a clear path of success with the implementation of test tool and end to end test.
· Experience with application and/or systems implementations or upgrades
· Experience with various platforms (SOA, Oracle SQL Server, MS Sharepoint, HP UX, MS SQL)
· Collaborates with other areas within IT to identify and improve testing tools and approaches
· Effectively communicates and builds rapport with team members, stakeholders and business partners using a variety of techniques and collaboration from initiation to close
· Facilitates complex group meetings and conducts information gathering sessions
· Prepares and delivers presentations to business and technology partners, senior management and executives, selecting the appropriate approach based on the audience
· Resolves conflicts/issues and escalates others as appropriate
· Manages the operations with 3rd party vendors
· Sets strategy for Production Quality activities for team members
· Defines team's deliverable, content and quality metrics
· Ensures team has adequate training, consulting and tools to deliver objectives
· Provides expertise, direction, coaching and development to build the team capability
· Continually enhances own skills and builds knowledge in all aspects of the organization, the business and information systems
1. Healthcare back ground with Enterprise Data Warehouse concepts
2. Demonstrated strategic and tactical leadership
3. Six Sigma Lean or Black belt
4. Excellent hands on knowledge with Testing tools (HP, MS,IBM)
While performing the duties of this job, this employee will be occasionally walking, standing, traveling and lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling 1-10lbs. This employee will be frequently sitting and keying.
Work Environment :
This employee will constantly be in an indoor environment.
Healthfirst offers a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
· Basic Life and Accident Insurance
· Supplemental Life insurance
· Dependent Life Insurance
· Short-Term Disability
· Buy-Up Short Term Disability
· Long-Term Disability
· Flexible Reimbursement Accounts
· Healthfirst 401(k) Plan
· Employee Assistance Plan
· Commuter Savings Program
· Eligibility for Annual Bonuses
· Generous Paid Time Off program
· Paid Candidate Referral Program
Conditions of Employment: Employee must pass pre-employment screening which includes a background check and drug testing. Employee must present documentation to verify minimum of high school educational requirement.
Disclaimer: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status .
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:IT-Support/Administration jobs in New York, NY
View similar jobs:
Robert Half Technology - NEW YORK, NY
Desktop Support Tech
Robert Half Technology - New York, NY
Control & Compliance Data Analytics & Reporting - Analyst
J.P. Morgan Chase - NY, New York
Locate this job: