RN Trainer/Educator Job Listing at Healthfirst in New York, NY
Job Title: RN Trainer/Educator
Department: Medical Management, Utilization Management
Reports To: Manager, Training and Education
The RN Trainer/Educator oversees and implements the successful training of newly hired clinical and non-clinical staff for Medical Management and AG as well as provides retraining and continuing education for current staff. This includes planning, implementing, coordinating and evaluating training/educational programs, in addition to creating, developing and maintaining training manuals in order to maintain a consistent level of competency throughout Healthfirst's Medical Management Department.
Frequently communicates complex information and interacts via electronic documentation/tools. This is a paperless work environment requiring daily hands-on administration of multiple electronic Patient Health Information (PHI) databases and security requirement tools such as encryption. These systems include, but are not limited to, CCMS (CareEnhance Clinical Management Software), Sunguard Macess Service Module (electronic archiving), RightFax, VoIP, Virtual Work Platforms (using VPN), scanning and creating .pdf files (Adobe Acrobat), and MS Office 2010 software (such as Word and Outlook).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for needs analysis, strategic planning and hands-on training for newly hired Case/Care Managers.
· Responsible for developing, reviewing and constantly updating departmental training manual, policies/procedures, related job aides and clinical pathways.
· Acts as a Subject Matter Expert, providing ongoing retaining and continuing education as well as ad-hoc training to existing staff.
· Provides hands-on and virtual assistance to new hires in processing case management events.
· Coordinates remote training following on-site orientation utilizing web-based video and teleconferencing technologies.
· Prepares for and conducts staff meetings as needed .
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assists managers with audits for general staff.
· Assists in processing overflow events/cases when necessary.
· Assists management staff with creation and maintenance of policies and procedures.
Required: Associate's degree.
Required licenses, certificates, etc.
Required: RN/LPN/MSW/ - Appropriately licensed, registered or certified health care professional pursuant to Title Eight of the Education law or a health care professional comparably licensed, registered or certified by another state.
Work Related Skills and Experience:
Technical Skills :
Intermediate Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills are required.
· Minimum of 5 years of managed care experience working with Medicare/Medicaid populations.
· This must include at least 3 years training and educating RNs/LPNs and social workers on case management protocols.
Ideal candidates will have Case Management or Utilization Review experience.
While performing the duties of this job, this employee will be occasionally reaching, bending and overhead lifting. This employee will also be frequently be walking and constantly sitting, balancing and standing.
Work Environment :
This employee will constantly be in an indoor environment.
After approximately 8 weeks of training at our downtown Manhattan corporate headquarters, position affords the opportunity to work from home when training classes are not in session.
· Direct Ethernet FIOS or Cable internet connection (wireless connection not permitted).
· Locked file cabinet for secure storage of equipment and paperwork such as job aides (Employee's expense).
This is a paperless environment so there is no printing when working virtually and for the security of patient health information (PHI).
· Separate designated home work area away from the main flow of home traffic.
· No dependent care.
· HF has the right to conduct home site inspection with 24 hours of notice.
· Random work activity audit reports will be conducted for all telecommuting employees analyzing performance and system activity on a given day.
· The employee will be supplied with laptop, head-set for VOIP phone system, blackberry and all necessary applications for business purposes only.
Healthfirst offers a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
· Basic Life and Accident Insurance
· Supplemental Life insurance
· Dependent Life Insurance
· Short-Term Disability
· Buy-Up Short Term Disability
· Long-Term Disability
· Flexible Reimbursement Accounts
· Healthfirst 401(k) Plan
· Employee Assistance Plan
· Commuter Savings Program
· Eligibility for Annual Bonuses
· Generous Paid Time Off program
· Paid Candidate Referral Program
Conditions of Employment: Employee must pass pre-employment screening which includes a background check and drug testing. Employee must present documentation to verify minimum of high school educational requirement.
Disclaimer: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status .
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Healthcare jobs in New York, NY
View similar jobs:
Apex Thera peutic - New Hyde PArk, NY
House call Doctors
ZPH Healthcare LLC - New York, NY
Occupational Therapist / OTR
Horizon Healthcare Staffing - Brooklyn, NY
Locate this job: