Apply on Company Website
- Handle premiums, claims, enrollment, and administrative expense data for reports to government and regulatory entities such as Centers for Medicare Medicaid Services (CMS) and New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) and routine internal reports.
- Perform risk score analytics.
- Work on data incorporated into high level corporate reporting and monitor experience of all lines of business.
- Prepare periodic product and rate filings for Centers for Medicare Medicaid Services (CMS) and New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) or all products lines and provide input to Directors and Vice Presidents in making assumptions and decisions.
- Provide other data analysis as required by management.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Work experience in the health insurance industry in the actuarial department or finance department.
- Advanced Excel user - skilled in using features of pivot tables, V-lookups, and creating macros.
- Advanced Access user - skilled in defining fields, field data types and properties, creating queries on multiple tables, creating a report based on a query.
- Knowledge of Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
- Knowledge of SAS or SQL user.
- Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science or Mathematics.
- Completion of university courses in Mathematics, Statistics, and Business.
- Extensive years of actuarial experience in the health insurance industry.
- Completion of at least two Society of Actuaries examinations.
- Advanced knowledge of Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
- Advanced SAS or SQL user.
- Healthcare experience to include working with claims databases and data sets in an analytical capacity.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of data structures, be able to assess the quality of files, and resolve any problems.
- Work experience to include prioritizing a heavy workload in a fast paced environment.
- Work experience to include communication and consultation with internal staff, auditors and external contacts.
- Work experience to include working with and communicating technical information to multiple levels of technical and non-technical staff.
Apply for this job online Refer a friend to this job Not ready to apply? Connect with us. Share this Job:
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Healthfirst outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Healthfirsts policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Healthfirst Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Healthfirst and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.