Social Worker - Korean Job Listing at Healthfirst in New York, NY
Job Title: Social Worker - Korean
Department: Care Management Welcome Team SHP
Reports To: Clinical Manager
The bilingual English - Korean Social Worker at Senior Health Partners (SHP) a Managed Long-Term Care (MLTCP) reporting to the Clinical Manager advocates for enrolled members by sustaining their mental and social health. Working with a Care Management Team (CMT), which includes a Nurse Care Manager and Service Coordinator the care management services and plans are achieved telephonically administering assessments and treatment for a frail adult population to achieve an optimal level of independent functioning. Provide consultation and education to enrolled members, family/caregiver and other SHP colleagues responsible for the shared care of each member.
Frequently communicates moderately complex information and interacts through electronic documentation tools. This is a paperless work environment requiring daily hands-on administration of multiple electronic Patient Health Information (PHI) databases and security requirement tools such as encryption. These systems include but are not limited to CCMS (CareEnhance Clinical Management Software), Sunguard MACESS Service Module (electronic archiving), RightFax, VoIP, Virtual Work Platforms (VPN), creating .pdf files (Adobe Acrobat), and MS Office 2010 software (such as Word, Excel and Outlook).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Uses all available resources to assess members' psychosocial health status and social work needs; this includes making field home visits as needed in order to complete a psychosocial assessment for all new members within the first 30 days of enrollment.
· Determines member and family needs to develop a comprehensive care plan for each member based on counseling, housing, social support and financial status.
· Assumes care management responsibilities for members who require care at a Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF).
· Ensures close oversight and appropriateness of service utilization including but not limited to; social work home visits, Personal Emergency Response System (PERS) adult day programs, social day programs, home delivered meals heavy duty cleaning.
· Acts as a member advocate and liaison with various governmental and private agencies such as Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security to maximize network of support and secure needed services.
· Provides individual and group education and support to members and their families as needed. Maintains a current knowledge base of federal (Medicare) and state (Medicaid) regulations.
· Conducts home and nursing home visits to ensure continuity of care and appropriate care management.
· Interacts with community mental health providers including drug and alcohol treatment.
· Quality Improvement.
· Conducts performance improvements activities as needed.
· Participates in Quality Management Program in order to support continued performance improvement.
· Participates in the recommendation of studies for the annual Quality Plan.
· Participates on committees that support performance improvement.
· Rotate "On-Call" duties to ensure 24/7 team response to member needs.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
· Identifies barrier and develops innovation solutions to ensure quality of member care.
· Remains current with industry standards as they relate to Medicaid Medicare.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Occasional need to work on-call (includes weekends and after hours) and/or overtime.
Required: Master's of Social Work (MSW).
Licenses, certificates, etc.
Preferred: State license.
Work Related Skills and Experience:
Technical Skills :
· Complete fluency in reading, writing, and speaking in English and Korean.
· Proficiency in navigating internet browsers, computer hardware, multi-tasking with multiple electronic documentation systems containing PHI, toggling between multiple software systems simultaneously and using security tools such as encryption.
· Intermediate Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, electronic medical records database, efaxing and electronic archiving skills are required.
· Three years of experience as an MSW and thorough knowledge of current community health practices for the frail adult population and cognitively impaired seniors.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, especially the ability to relate well with seniors, their families and community care providers, along with demonstrated ability to handle rapidly changing crisis situations.
· Excellent written communication and the ability to document grammatically correct notes
· Understanding of and sensitivity to cultural differences and needs of the community are essential. Must be adept at operating within a diverse and multi-cultural work environment and community of Members such as Spanish, Chinese, Russian, Creole and Korean.
· Experience managing member information in a shared network environment using paperless database modules and archival systems.
· Experience working in a team environment, exercising independent thinking and problem solving.
· Ability to communicate on an individual basis as well as in a group setting.
· As a representative of SHP effective interpersonal skills must be demonstrated consistently while interacting with members/families/support staff for daily collaboration on care plans with Care Management Team (CMT).
· Ability to prioritize.
· Experience managing large case loads.
· Adept at working in an environment with fast-past changing priorities while achieving departmental goals and objectives.
· Ability to occasionally travel to a member's home for assessments.
· Occasional overtime required.
· "On-call" required.
· Position trains for approximately 8 weeks and transitions to a home-base position conducting business telephonically when not completing member home visits.
Ability to work remotely with the following telecommuter requirements:
· Direct Ethernet FIOS or Cable internet connection (wireless not permitted).
· This is a paperless environment so there is no printing when working virtually and for the security of patient health information (PHI).
· Separate designated home work area away from the main flow of home traffic.
· No dependent care.
· Healthfirst has the right to conduct home site inspection.
· Random work activity audit reports will be conducted for all telecommuting employees analyzing performance and system activity on a given day.
· The employee will be supplied with laptop, head-set for VoIP phone system and all necessary applications for business purposes only.
While performing the duties of this job, this employee will be occasionally climbing, reaching, bending, walking, overhead lifting, standing, driving, traveling and pushing/pulling and lifting/carrying 1-20lbs.
Work Environment :
This employee will frequently be in an indoor environment.
Position trains for approximately 8 weeks and transitions to a home-base position conducting business telephonically when not completing member home visits. The first 2 weeks training will be based at Manhattan Headquarters and as of week 3 – 8 will move to Canarsie, Brooklyn location until released to telecommute which could extend to week 12.
· Exposure to odors, fumes, infections, dirt and other undesirable conditions may occur.
· Maintain a calm and even disposition even during the handling of crisis situations.
· Able to follow protocols and use common sense to escalate situations to management and clinical staff appropriately.
· Attention to managing many details and remaining focused in an environment with distractions is needed to be successful.
· The mental demands of this position can be high with varied care needs of Members in the management of frail seniors.
Healthfirst offers a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
· Basic Life and Accident Insurance
· Supplemental Life insurance
· Dependent Life Insurance
· Short-Term Disability
· Buy-Up Short Term Disability
· Long-Term Disability
· Flexible Reimbursement Accounts
· Healthfirst 401(k) Plan
· Employee Assistance Plan
· Commuter Savings Program
· Eligibility for Annual Bonuses
· Generous Paid Time Off program
· Paid Candidate Referral Program
Conditions of Employment: Employee must pass pre-employment screening which includes a background check and drug testing. Employee must present documentation to verify minimum of high school educational requirement.
Disclaimer: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status .
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Healthcare jobs in New York, NY
View similar jobs:
Sr Quality Data Analyst - Plan Job
Amerigroup - New York, NY
Long Island, NY Occupational Therapist (OT) Position
Soliant Health - Long Island, NY
FVC Regional Operations Manager North Division
Fresenius Medical Care - Brooklyn, NY
Locate this job: