Sales Manager Job Listing at HEI Hotels & Resorts in New York City, NY
Location: NY - New York City - The Algonquin Hotel
Property: The Algonquin Hotel
Relocation Available: No
Type of Position: Management
Employment Duration: Full time
HEI views our associates as our greatest resource, and we hire and develop the best.
We have a culture of winning; we embrace change, thrive on challenge and always seek to surpass our personal bests. Defined by our unique business platform, our environment is fast-paced, expansive and ever-evolving…yet stable, consistent, enduring. It is a high-performance culture where innovation and entrepreneurial-spirit are evident; initiative and results are rewarded.
Our people know they're "in on the ground floor" of a company with all the cornerstones of success in place: experienced leaders, steady investors, a strong track record and long-term career potential. And in turn, each of our associates thrive because HEI's distinctly advantaged infrastructure creates a supportive, educational culture as well as unlimited opportunities for personal and professional success on every level. In addition to supporting our associates, we are also passionately committed to supporting the communities in which we work, in building meaningful relationships with our partners and in reducing our impact on the environment.
Come join our engaging and high energy team and help create HEI’s legacy as the leading hospitality owner/operator.
Situated on prestigious Club Row - 44th Street between Fifth and Sixth Avenues - the Algonquin Hotel is in the heart of Midtown Manhattan. Superb accommodations and a gracious atmosphere make the Algonquin an oasis of polished sophistication amid the hustle and bustle of the city. The Hotel features famous dining venues such as The Oak Room, New York's Best Cabaret; the Round Table Restaurant, the legendary home of the greatest gathering of wits in American History; and the Blue Bar, voted perennial "Best Bar' in the US and overseas and the Lobby, known as a gathering place for writers, actors and business people. Our Hotel offers 174 rooms and 4,000 square feet of meeting space, completely renovated in 2008. The Algonquin is proudly owned and operated by HEI Hotels and Resorts, whose core investment is passionate people.
Manage accounts to achieve guest satisfaction and to solicit past and new business to ensure all revenue goals are achieved or exceeded. Responsible for soliciting new group sales accounts, entertaining, and maintaining relationships with existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals in rooms, food, beverage, and room rental.
The following are specific contributions that must be developed during the training program in order to successful complete the program and be placed in a hotel:
• Solicit new and existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals through telephone prospecting, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication.
• Advanced level of producing room, banquet, and room rental revenue through directly soliciting business via aggressive prospecting, making presentations, developing contracts, negotiating and closing sales.
• Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel, both orally and in written form to previous, current and potential clients.
• Handle account details so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented. Coordinate various departments’ participation in servicing accounts.
• Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients.
• Prepare information for, meet with and entertain clients as deemed appropriate by potential business from that account.
• Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to all departments in the hotel to ensure high quality of service to customers.
• Prepare correspondence to customers, internal booking reports and file maintenance.
• Participate in daily business review meeting, pre-convention meetings, training and other sales-related meetings as required.
• Attend trade shows, community events and industry meetings.
• Advanced knowledge of market trends, competition and key customers of the hotel.
• Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
• Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
• High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
3+ years of past sales experience preferred.
Must have experience at a similar size and quality hotel.
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English. Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Delphi. Advanced knowledge of sales skills, revenue management, training, and motivation of peers.
• Advanced knowledge of hotel and competitive market.
• Ability to execute appropriate action plans.
• Desire to participate as part of a team.
• Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player.
• Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
• Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals.
• Able to set priorities, plan, organize, and delegate.
• Written communication skills to be concise, well organized, complete, and clear.
• Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
• Command of the English language both written and verbal.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits plan that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance programs geared to you and your family’s needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life Insurance and Short and Long-Term Disability. In addition, our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our ‘YouDecide’ and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Sales jobs in New York, NY
View similar jobs:
Residential Account Executive
Cablevision - Yonkers, NY
Specialist of Business Development
American Express - New York, NY
Sr Mgr, Business Development Solutions
American Express - New York, NY
Locate this job: