Apply on Company Website
The E-Commerce Department manages all aspects of the digital properties for Helzberg Diamonds including Helzberg.com, social media sites (i.e. Facebook) and mobile sites. The primary mission of the E-Commerce team is to create a customer experience in the digital space that is a leader in the jewelry category and consistent with the Helzberg brand.
The department is a collaborative team of professionals dedicated to creating a seamless multi-channel shopping experience for the Helzberg customer. We accomplish this by forging strong alliances with other departments in Helzberg and our vendor partners.
The Online Merchandise Specialist supports online business for assigned merchandise categories to maximize online sales and profitability. This includes being responsible for online product placement, rich content, promotional execution and productivity analysis. The Specialist is also engaged in supporting website merchandising strategies, special events and online-only initiatives.
Specific accountabilities are as follows:
- Assist with developing plans for assigned merchandise categories to support sales and margin goals of the online channel. Responsible for executing internet-related functions to achieve sales, margin, comp growth, etc. for respective categories.
- Utilize appropriate systems to layout display of items using sales/inventory projections and trend data; ensure consistency and integration of merchandise strategies on product presentations; coordinate population of containers and landing pages. Review images and copy for compliance with product presentations standards; provide follow-up to ensure resolution to any non-compliance issues.
- Ensure website supports merchandising strategies, promotions and special events including executing buyer-supplied item-level pricing (e.g., "multiple incentive" and "sale" prices) to optimize inventory turn while maximizing sales and profit and setting up Helzberg print catalogs on Helzberg.com.
- Set up online only SKUs to optimize categories not covered in our retail stores. Work closely with the DVP to maximize sales and profit of online only business. Communicate and work directly with vendor partners to secure specs, images, and online content.
- Execute merchandise strategies, analyze internet results, communicate findings and make recommendations to improve product presentations and productivity. Ensure daily maintenance of product presentation.
- Review and monitor industry and competitor internet strategies to identify best practices, make recommendations for site improvements that may include merchandise assortments, and share with appropriate stakeholders.
- Coordinate merchandise recalls from stores and deactivate recalled merchandise on ecommerce website.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Marketing and one to three years experience in direct or e-commerce environment required, or equivalent combination. Retail and/or jewelry experience preferred.
- Technical aptitude is essential and experience with database-driven applications required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel skills required.
- Must have strong project management skills and ability to complete projects on time. Strong problem-solving skills required, along with the ability to translate analytic data into strategic ideas.
- Excellent relationship building, communication and organizational skills required, with the ability to work and communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to multi-task, be flexible, perform in fast-paced environment and maintain focus while anticipating and reacting to shifting priorities and changes in business.