This position is accountable to the Clinical Service Director for general clerical duties of the office and the process of payroll.
- Greets and directs visitors appropriately.
- Tracks and maintains medical and office supplies and reorders as requested.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of computer systems.
- Gathers forms for assessment.
- Sets up files for new patients and employees and enters them into computer.
- Files accurately and timely using patient chart order and on personnel file checklist order.
- Mails Initial Plans of Care/485 and orders for signature and tracks orders within state requirements.
- Maintains on-call books.
- Produces census list and IDT list as required.
- Prints reports as required.
- Mails patient satisfaction surveys and tracks their return.
- Processes discharged charts and breakdowns to close files.
- Files and maintains agency policy manuals and all other master manuals.
- Processes time cards for payroll and validates documentation of visits.
- Assures timely and accurate paychecks.
- Gets payroll changes and deductions to Corporate timely.
- Generates Billing Log.
- Generates and maintains active daily census and master patient roster files
- Types letters and reports as requested.
- Distributes routings, correspondence, mail, etc.
- Ensures growth and profitability of the company through the responsible use of company resources.
- Maintains a professional and quality image of all times
- Answers the phone within three (3) rings and takes messages appropriately.
- Maintains application flow log.
- Maintains an accurate I-9 Binder.
- Participates in agency quality improvement programs when requested.
- Adheres to established Company policies.
- Accepts assignments deemed appropriate.
- Accurate maintenance of personnel files.
- Processes Annual In-services
- Processes Annual In-services
- Processes all new hire paper work; including new hires reporting to the state.
- Follows and processes the state required background checks.
- Assists with orientation of new staff.
- Ensures professional Licenses are up-to-date and in personnel file.
- Serves as an active member of the sales team.
High School Diploma.
Basic office skills, good communication skills and telephone technique. Computer Skills
General office experience; hospital, hospice, home care or long-term care facility preferred.
Primarily medium in nature with exerting up to 35 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull, bend or otherwise move objects; involves sitting, walking, standing, driving, talking, hearing, reaching. Ability to work at a desk for up to eight hours per day. Involves prolonged phone use.
Less than 5%. Must travel to corporate or regional meetings and or trainings when requested.
Inside, office environment.
Administrator, Clinical Services Director, Corporate Staff, Physicians, billing and payroll personnel, clients, field employees, and referral sources.
Must be able to execute all terms and conditions set forth in The Company Employee Handbook, including but not limited to:
a. Works in a safety-conscious manner, which ensures that safe work practices are used in order not to pose a risk to self or others in the workplace.
b. Complies with company policies and procedures and local, state and federal regulations.
c. Adheres to policy on Drug Free Workplace.
d. Interacts in tactful, diplomatic, and humanistic manner with patients, families, visitors and co-workers to provide a safe, efficient, and therapeutically
effective caring environment which ensures the self-respect, personal dignity, rights and physical safety of each patient.
e. Maintains a dependable attendance record and adheres to standards of cleanliness, grooming, hygiene, and dress code.