Business Systems Manager - Distribution Systems Job Listing at Hot Topic in City Of Industry, CA
_3322">Business Systems Manager - Distribution Systems
Job Code :3322
Location :City Of Industry CA US 91748
Job Type :Full Time
Career Level :Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education :Bachelor''s Degree
Category :Information Technology
Job Description :
Oversees and maintains the Distribution Center applications by planning and coordinating the processes required for the provision of user applications and systems necessary for business operations. Partners with the Production Support and peers to assist in maintaining, supporting, and upgrading existing systems and applications. Motivated individual driving solutions / projects. Proactive results oriented individual. (not looking for reactive support task taker) – Leadership abilities to drive projects across multiple distribution centers and involve multiple departments across the organization. This position reports to Director of IT Project Management.
* Provide leadership and guidance to assist the business partners on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of mission-critical information and software systems
* Manage multiple project resources including business and technical partners across multiple projects.
* Understand system application functionality, uses and impacts of changes or modifications to meet business requirements.
* Adhere to established projects management guidelines such as project plans, budgets, status reporting and other procedures.
* Owns application versioning, plans and maintains upgrade cycles, patch acceptance testing and release and change management processes in the respective application area.
* Evaluates, coordinates and manages the development and deployment of new applications, systems software, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the enterprise.
* Coordinates feasibility studies, research and make recommendations for software and systems under consideration.
* Ensures that proposed new software meets functional, system, integration and industry compliance requirements.
* Creates and analyzes documentation, functional and technical specifications for potential new systems and systems to determine intended vs. actual functionality.
* Ensures quality of documentation (e.g.: functional or technical specifications) generated by the BSA team members.
* Ensures that existing and new applications meet ongoing/evolving business and end-user requirements, and department and systems goals.
* Develops, plans, and coordinates in-depth end-user reviews for existing and new systems or applications.
* Leads pre-testing phase of the Project Lifecycle by evaluating test plans and matrices in order to identify potential problem areas, and make the appropriate recommendations.
* Collaborates with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications.
* Develops and communicates training and documentation for end users, coordinates and/or holds clinics and other user-related activities as necessary.
* Reviews and analyzes existing applications’ effectiveness and efficiency, makes and executes recommendations and develops strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
* Continually evaluates and provides recommendations to improve company software contracts/agreements in conjunction with Technical Services mangers.
* Dispositions issues into projects, break-fixes, maintenance items, and coordinates work with Production Support and Development teams to determine appropriate resolution.
* Provides system support as needed, coordinating with internal teams and vendor resources for the implementation of issue resolutions.
* Manages maintenance list, coordinates with technical resources, and plans releases in conjunction with Production Support, the Help Desk, and HOTT’s change and release processes.
* Liaises with network administrators and software engineers to assist with quality assurance, program logic, and data processing.
* Cultivates, disseminates, and enforces Hot Topic Project Management policies and processes and coordinate with all departments across the organization.
* Partners with IT leadership in the negotiation of contracts with software and service providers.
* Liaises with company’s software suppliers for prompt resolution of any problems or emergencies.
* Manages Distribution System Business System Analysts , and coordinates resource allocation with the Program Management Office (PMO).
* Prepares, establishes, and monitors budgets.
* Performs other job duties as needed.
Job Requirements :
* Bachelor’s degree, with 5-7 years total professional experience
* Extensive experience with core software applications, including but not limited to Distribution and Logistics (e.g. Manhattan, Pyramid Controls, Lightning Pick) , Merchandise Management, Financial (e.g.: Lawson), POS, , Loyalty, Kiosk, System Integration and Internet Applications
* PMI/PMP certification preferred.
* Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of software solutions.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Experience in vendor management.
* Ability to travel up to 25%
* Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
* Process oriented and systematic approach
* Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
* Ability to conduct research into application issues and products.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
* Working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, standards, and PC operating systems.
* Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
* Excellent project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures.
* Proven people development and coaching skills
* Illustrates a dedication to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly.
* Strong communication skills including ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
* Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
* Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Los Angeles, CA
View similar jobs:
Relationship Manager II - Business Banking - Los Angeles Central
Chase - CA, California
MAC Incorporated - Los Angeles, CA
MAC Incorporated - Valencia, CA
Locate this job: