Purchasing Specialist - FF&E Job Listing at Hot Topic in City Of Industry, CA
_3303">Purchasing Specialist - FF&E
Job Code :3303
Location :City Of Industry CA US 91748
Job Type :Full Time
Career Level :Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education :Bachelor''s Degree
Job Description :
The Procurement Specialist – FF& E position is a key role within our strategic plan for the Hot Topic Purchasing Department. This position is responsible for performing a variety of capital buying tasks and work on construction projects. This position will act as a liaison between construction, customer service, planning, sales, and marketing. An enthusiastic self-starter with a strong drive to improve existing processes and systems is highly desired. Excellent organizational skills, ability to balance immediate/long term priorities and exceptional multitasking skills are a necessity. Key objectives will be achieving/improving/exceeding targeted customer service levels, managing inventory levels and targets, and managing supply and demand within the Supply Chain.
* Plan and execute procurement of retail supply chain non-merchandise products, goods and services; specifically furniture, fixtures and equipment for construction and CapEx projects.
* Work with construction, visual merchandising and purchasing teams on design issues and equipment decisions and participate in review sessions.
* Maintain furniture, fixtures and equipment specification cut sheets.
* Competitively source new vendors and conduct RFx’s to ensure most beneficial price for the Company. Negotiate terms and pricing with vendors.
* Vendor Management through close association with vendors and manufacturers.
* Assist in the selection of additional or replacement equipment. Formulate projections for planning.
* Attend meetings and procure requested samples and participate in testing products.
* Visit jobsites, production facilities, and Hot Topic Inc. locations to review and inspect products, and resolve any QC related issues.
* Proactively report product and material availability issues.
* Monitor projected on-site date delivery schedule for each construction project; communicate lead time & availability impact; attend construction project meetings and track progress to ensure timely arrival of equipment and furniture.
* Generate purchase orders and maintain order status in the procurement system.
* Work with Accounting Department to insure that all invoices are accurate to contracts/PO’s.
* Assist with tracking of budget expenditures.
* Participate and contribute monthly to S&OP (Sales & Operations Planning) process.
* Assist in analyzing and reporting of purchasing activities for operational and managerial needs.
* Ensure items ordered are shipped and accounted for using the most cost-effective methods while meeting company deadlines.
* Support KPI’s, metrics and performance/quality rating data gathering, compilation and reporting. Develop and maintain vendor scorecards to ensure vendor contract compliance. Audit existing suppliers.
* Drive productivity improvements to meet business objectives.
* Complete special projects and assignments as requested/assigned.
Job Requirements :
* Bachelor of Degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain or related field.
* 2-3 years supply chain purchasing/commodity planning experience. Retail construction environment and/or manufacturing experience a plus.
* Direct Import experience a plus.
* Knowledge and understanding of purchasing and supply chain concepts and applications.
* Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills.
* Strong interpersonal and communications skills (oral and written).
* Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office; MS Project a plus.
* Strong negotiation skills.
* Lawson experience highly desired.
* Self-starter with ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to changing priority.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Purchasing/Procurement jobs in California Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Kelly Services - Los Angeles, CA
Purchasing / Planner / Forecasting
Accountemps - Los Angeles, CA
PDS Technical Services - null, CA
Locate this job: