Apply on Company Website
This position supports Digital Asset Management (DAM), which entails efforts to organize HSN’s digital media assets (e.g. Video). This role will support a DAM application, including maintenance, troubleshooting, monitoring, and systems administration. An ideal candidate should have a background with Microsoft OS, Tools and Applications. Applicants should also be knowledgeable with website architecture and hardware.
- Provides administration, configuration, and monitoring of application in a 24/7 highly available and clustered web-based environment.
- Deploys, installs and configures the components of the system infrastructure.
- Plans, executes, and sometimes leads medium size projects.
- Plans and manages work request fulfillment based on priority.
- Leads the analysis, design, and implementation of changes to the application components defined by approved work requests, and ensures the components meet the changed requirements.
- Reviews and integrates all requirements for the application, including functional, security, usability, performance, quality and operations requirements.
- Reviews application architecture work products throughout a work request development cycle to ensure quality and traceability to requirements.
- Serves as the functional and technical expert for all application components.
- Creates and maintains the software configuration management overview.
- Establishes DAM system baselines to understand system change impacts.
- Participates in the change control process for the DAM application and helps ensure no unauthorized changes are made to the baseline; ensures changes to configuration items are recorded in sufficient detail so they can be retrieved.
- Moves configuration items through control levels in the configuration management library system.
- Identifies, validates, and owns the configuration management library system and tools.
- Initiates audits where required, and responds to audit issues.
- Manages the delivery of configuration item reports.
- Provides mentoring to more junior Application Support Engineers.
- Diagnoses and resolves problems of medium to high complexity.
- Communicates plans, status and issues to higher management levels.
- Sets a good example by modeling HSN values and desired behaviors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or five years equivalent job experience.
- Thorough understanding of Web based applications using IIS 7 and 7.5, ASP.net, SQL Server 2008 2012, and Load Balancing HW.
- Experience in effectively managing small to medium projects in a cross-functional environment utilizing the above technologies.
- 4-7 years of overall experience in administering, supporting and monitoring web-based applications on a network operating system across multiple physical locations. Typical network services and applications including file and print, SQL Server 2008 2012, messaging, firewall, desktop management, mail servers, and Web hosting.
- Administering server operating systems (Win 2003, 2008 2008 R2) and Web based applications.
- Familiarity with SQL based query languages.
- Must display strong teamwork and interpersonal skills with all management levels, including both verbal and written (documentation) communication skills.
- Must be highly motivated and independent; good at prioritization and result oriented.
- Must be a self-learner; ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs, and integrate multiple tools together to solve business problems.
- Past experience working with enterprise software systems.
- Proficiency in PowerShell Scripting and Web Application Deployments.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) certification.
- Familiarity with issue tracking tools .
- Basic knowledge of Network Load Balancing, and EMC Storage.
- Experience with video capture and encoding applications.