Apply on Company Website
We’re looking for an experienced and creative Web Writer to lead a team that makes HSN.com an engaging and exciting place to shop! He or she will work with Digital Merchants, Digital Producers, Marketing, Design, Email and Broadcasting to create an engaging online customer shopping experience. Responsibilities:
- Manage the content for HSN and HSN.COM including writing promotional copy, editing, and concept creation.
- Participate in multi-channel concepting and brainstorming. Provide creative direction and drive fine-tuning of strategy for online campaigns.
- Lead a team of cross-functional Copywriters. Edit their work and manage incoming writing requests, schedules, and workload calendars.
- Maintain, enforce and update HSN.COM Style Guide and Voice Tone standards.
- Create and compose well-written, direct-response style copy to support a wide variety of promotions and company initiatives. Writers obtain specific promotion details and benefits by reviewing the promotion ideas and product benefits.
- Write and edit promotional copy, feature articles, emails and customer service-related copy and other website materials.
- You will need a creative writing style that mixes editorial efficiency with a flair for inspiring and motivating customer action for the HSN.com website. Must stay on top of retail and fashion trends and recognize ways to keep HSN.COM’s content fresh.
- Help determine/create unique selling angles for categories, promotions and products.
- Proofreading and fact checking. 100% accuracy and attention to detail a must.
- Strong self-motivation and multitasking required, while managing writers to meet daily deadlines.
- Partner with On Air/Print teams to create cohesive voice to customer
- Provide guidance on enhancing process within the creative/copy team
- Collaborate closely with a Sr. Art Directors/Graphic Designers to create ideas for advertising; specifically, the Copywriter is responsible for crafting headlines and body copy to help bring each concept to life
- Work closely with Sr. Art directors to develop processes within creative group
- Work with Traffic, Production Team, Content to ensure asset execution in a timely manner
- A 4-year college degree in a related field is required.
- 3-5 years professional writing experience. Online customer-focused writing experience strongly preferred.
- Must have strong writing/English skills, be computer/systems literate and have the ability to work with various department groups
- Be a motivated self-starter with positive attitude and attention to detail
- Required proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel and other copy editing or authoring tools.
- Requires excellent organizational and coordination skills in a high-energy fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks on a daily and ongoing basis is essential.
- Strong ability to write compelling and persuasive direct-response copy.
- Experience and skills in developing e-commerce-focused website content.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, team-oriented environment.
- Experience, knowledge and a passion for the Internet and e-commerce.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to effectively collaborate with all professional levels
**In order to be considered for this role you must submit writing samples with your application**