CHEF DE CUISINE - Crowne Plaza Kuwait Job Listing at IHG in Kuwait City
Title: CHEF DE CUISINE - Crowne Plaza Kuwait
Location: IMEA_MiddleEast-Kuwait-KU-Kuwait City
Job Number: KUW000832
At InterContinental Hotels Group, we own, operate and franchise more than 3500 hotels, offering close to half a million guest rooms in nearly 100 countries. By bringing your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our vision: to be the most preferred, admired and successful hotel company the world over.
Job Summary - Plan, organize, control and direct the work of employees in the Kitchen Department responsible for outlet food preparation while ensuring superior quality and consistency.
1. Select, train, evaluate, lead, motivate, coach, and discipline all employees in the Kitchen's cold food production area to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met; long-range strategic planning for outlet operation.
2. Assist in the planning and development of menus and recipes, ensure the correct preparation and presentation of a consistent level for all food items prepared through production and demonstration, utilize creative menu planning to minimizing waste.
3. Control labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions, and inventory control.
4. Ensure that sanitation standards as set forth by Crowne Plaza, local, state, and federal regulations are in compliance as well as the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen.
5. Maintain control systems which will assure quality and portion consistency, monitor food shipments to ensure they meet established purchasing specifications as well and foster an awareness of the importance of food preparation and quality.
6. Communicate with employees and managers to ensure operational needs are met, coordinate menu tastings and pre-meal meetings to educate staff on food taste and preparation methods, attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments; interact directly with guests to ascertain satisfaction.
7. Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
1. Prepare food items.
2. Assist with set-up and cleaning of operational areas.
Do you have what it takes to be a leader in the world's most global hotel company?
If so, make it happen and apply now for a career with InterContinental Hotels Group, where a world of personal and professional opportunities exist.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
College degree preferably specializing in hotel/restaurant management or culinary arts, or equivalent experience is required.
Two to three years previous experience in culinary/food & beverage line, supervisory or assistant manager positions.
Skills and Abilities:
Requires a working knowledge of division operations as well as cultural and core standards, policies, and standard operating procedures. Working knowledge is generally learned on-the-job. Requires ability to operate computer equipment and other food & beverage computer systems. Requires the ability to operate and utilize culinary production equipment and tools. Requires reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
Job: Conference & Banqueting
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Kuwait
View similar jobs:
HR Coordinator - Holiday Inn Kuwait
IHG - Kuwait City
Talent Resourcing Executive - Holiday Inn Kuwait
IHG - Kuwait City
Chinese Chef - Holiday Inn Kuwait
IHG - Kuwait City
Locate this job: