Director of Interior Design, Europe Job Listing at IHG in BKM (Job ID ihg-DEN000748)
Title: Director of Interior Design, Europe
Job Number: DEN000748
Recommend a friend: GBP: Band 5
Do you see yourself as a Director of Interior Design, Europe?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
IHG global headquarters is situated in Denham, Buckinghamshire. It is just a 25 minute train ride from London and close to major motorway networks. The modern purpose designed offices allow us to showcase our 7 brands to corporate employees and visitors. Facilities include, state of the art meeting space, restaurant and café, Gym, exercise studio and marketing suite. Approximately 400 employees based at head office support the Europe, Middle East and Africa region as well as global teams.
As aDirector of Interior Design, Europe, you will provide dedicated and bespoke Interior Design support for new hotel properties entering the IHG system in Europe, as well as for hotels already in the system that require Interior Design input. Working in partnership with a team of Development Architects regionally based across Europe, ensure that Interior Designs at IHG hotels achieve high consistency and excellent quality, aiming to produce 'brand defining hotels' in every opportunity. Provide Interior Design-related input to Technical Service Agreements, in particular as it relates to Interior Design schemes review, model room reviews, etc. You will be responsible to provide strategic Interior Design direction for brand development and provide project-specific Interior Design support and advice. Furthermore, you will raise the profile of IHG's hotels' Interior Design through award-winning hotels and media exposure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Ensure high interior design consistency and quality that meet and, whenever possible, exceed brand expectations (for all IHG brands)
* Provide Interior Design-related guidance, support, input and feedback to the team of Development Architects based across Europe.
* Ensure that every IHG hotel provides an Interior Design experience that is consistent with the respective brand expectations.
* Where appropriate, source, hire and manage external Interior Design resources. Manage their service levels and remuneration and ensure these meet the needs of the project and, as far as feasible, fees are covered by TSA income.
Hotel Development and Opening Processes
* Support BrandHearted system size growth in Europe by partnering with Development Architects and Development Directors.
* Ensure that every project presented to the DAC is accompanied by high quality, Interior Design advice integrated into the Property Report.
* Support the Property Report process for all IHG brands in accordance with the D&E Hotel Approval Process (DEHAP).
* Ensure project compliance with Interior Design-related brand standards and general best practice to ensure all new IHG hotels are Great Hotels that Guests Love.
* Contribute to Property Reports to the highest standard, following approved consultation process, as per the DEHAP.
* Participate in DAC meetings whenever required and provide advice to DAC members on Interior Design strategy, design direction and brand fit.
* Produce an Interior Design brief for every project.
* Ensure that every new IHG hotel is a proper representation of its brand and, whenever possible, a 'brand-defining' hotel from an Interior Design perspective.
* Provide leadership and direction on Interior Design to ensure project owners and investors understand and support the work required in the Property Reports, Brand Standards, Design Guides, etc.
* Influence owners and their consultants, as well as managed and franchised operations representatives, to implement IHG's recommendations.
* Actively participate and provide direction in owner discussions when brand standards and Interior Design requirements need to be interpreted.
* Review all Interior Design proposals and provide feedback and advise to owners and their consultants on
* Ensure hotel projects are supported through to opening in regards to Interior Design-related matters.
* Actively participate in mock-up rooms, model-rooms and sample room reviews, produce the relevant minutes/reports/action plans and monitor implementation.
* Actively participate in pre-opening and post-opening inspections, ensure that they are completed to required standards and that all Interior Design-related items are captured and acted upon.
Technical Service Agreement (TSA) and owners' support
* Support negotiations of TSAs scope of services and fees for all Interior Design-related support to projects.
* Ensure TSA scope and service levels meet owner/investor expectations as it regards Interior Design.
Brand standards, brand development and design innovation
* Keep up to date on all IHG brand standards, technological innovations, best building practice and competitor activity in order to be able to provide direction to the team and projects to ensure Interior Designs achieve high consistency and excellent quality, aiming to produce 'brand defining hotels' in every opportunity.
* Actively participate in brand standard forums, including the Brand Standards Framework initiative, and provide Interior Design expertise to development of new brand standards.
* Contribute to the development and improvement of D&E's Design Guides, as it relates to Interior Design.
* Actively provide Interior Design input to new brand development, prototype and innovation projects and new business projects as required.
* Support the development and deployment of a post-project audit process, working with stakeholders (Operations, HPS, D&E and other functions) to learn and drive continuous improvement.
* Ensure IHG hotels enter design awards across the region, taking the lead in selecting candidates, liaising with owners and designers, supporting submissions, etc. to maximize chances of success and boost exposure in relevant media.
* Ensure well-designed IHG hotels get regularly featured in hospitality industry publications, especially those specialising in design.
* Produce case studies of exemplar Interior Design for all brands and across the region.
Interior Design & Other Functions
* Collaborate with and provide input to other D&E functions such as Architecture, Engineering, Capital Projects, , etc., and contribute to D&E's direction and strategy via the D&E Leadership Team.
* Lead by example and be an ambassador for the D&E function.
* Support D&E function at a general business level and facilitate a collegial and collaborative professional working relationship between the D&E function and other key IHG stakeholders such as Development, New Hotel Openings, Brand, Operations, Finance, Legal, etc
You must meet the legal requirements to work in this country
Required Qualifications / Skills:
* Architectural / Interior Design qualification to higher degree level.
* Fluent English; other relevant languages an advantage.
* Ideally 10 year, minimum 5, experience in hotel Interior Design, in multinational companies, preferably in the hospitality sector (i.e., hotel management companies).
* Strong knowledge of hotel Interior Design and hotel operations, hotel construction principles and understanding of generally applicable laws and regulations in the hospitality sector.
* Design team management experience.
* Design process management experience.
* Good computer application skills in AutoCAD, Office, Project, Outlook, etc.
* Ability to present ideas and project requirements effectively and concisely.
* Ability to travel frequently across region.
Desired Qualifications / Skills
* Culturally sensitive with outstanding networking skills.
* Team player with flexible interpersonal style.
* Effective and adaptable communication.
* Strong context-sensitive influencing skills.
* Consensus builder through persuasion.
* Robust analytical skills with attention to detail.
* Self-starter and accomplisher.
Essential Languages: English (written and spoken)
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare support, pension scheme and fitness club membership. a matching 401 (k) plan (US Only).
Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount schemes and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
Job: Design & Engineering
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Retail jobs in London
View similar jobs:
Retail Advisor, Enfield
Telefonica - Enfield
Retail Advisor, Kingston - Church St
Telefonica - Kingston Upon Thames
Retail Advisor, Stratford Westfield
Telefonica - London
Locate this job: