Locate this job
Title: Director of Sales
Location: AA_Sth_East-Singapore-Singapore-Singapore City
Job Number: SIN001589
At IHG, everyone has room to be themselves. So what's your passion? Whether you're into Skating, Swimming or Soccer, at IHG we're interested in YOU. We love people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who help us create Great Hotels Guests Love.
Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium is a spectacular 27 storey atrium style hotel strategically located at the crossroad of Outram and Havelock Roads and is only a 5 minute walk away from
River. The Hotel will be undergoing substantial refurbishment works over the next 12 months including redevelopment and repositioning of our all-day dining restaurants and Lobby Bar Lounge.
It is just a short drive from
Shenton Way financial centre, Suntec City Convention Centre,
Orchard Road shopping belt, Esplanade, Clarke Quay and Boat Quay. The hotel also provides daily scheduled complimentary shuttle bus services to
Chinatown, Clarke Quay and
Orchard Road for the guests.
For a gastronomic dining experience, visit the Melting Pot Café that offers breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets featuring local Asian and Western delights. For a taste of authentic Cantonese cuisine, visit the contemporary decorated Xin Cuisine Chinese restaurant for Dim Sum specialties and fresh seafood presented by its team of veteran chefs. Chill out at the lobby lounge and enjoy your favorite drink together with soothing music from the live band. The hotel is also equipped with 13 function rooms to cater for meetings and events.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Director of Sales to join our team.
The person reports directly to the Director of Sales & Marketing. The Director of Sales will be responsible to develop and set revenue sales & marketing strategies for the hotel to ensure plans are implemented, results are monitored and sales goals are achieved. Regularly sell hotel rooms, meeting rooms, and food and beverage through direct client contracts
Key responsibilities and duties of the role include:
- Acheive budgeted revenues and personal/team sales goals and maximize profitability. Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget, the hotel marketing plan and business plan and financial plans.
- Create and implement sales plans that drive measurable incremental occupancy, increase average rates, increase volume, food and beverage and banquet sales.
- Produce monthly reports, and sales forecasts to analyse current.potential market and sales trends, coordinate activities to increase revenue and market share and monitor performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan.
- Manage day-to-day sales activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching, and regular feedback to help manage conflict, improve team member performance and recognise good performance.
- Educate and train sales team that is responsible for developing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, and implementing sales strategies.
Ensure staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Work with other department managers to ensure proper staffing levels based on guest volumes.
- Provide guests with information (example : loyalty programmes, area attractions, restaurants, facility information) to enhance guest experience.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients and outside contacts in order to produce group and/or convention business,to include room sales,food & beverage sales and catering services.
- Schedule conventions and/or business group activities at the hotel and coordinate with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales ofice and prospective clients.
- Identify operational problems that reduce the effeciveness of marketing activities and overall hotel sales perfromance and work with appropriate department on solutions.
- Develop awarness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community.
Perform any other duites as directed by the Management.
Ideally, you should have the following things we're looking for:
Minimum 5 years of experience as a Director of Sales in an established hotel
Possess a Degree in Sales & Marketing from a recognised institution
Adaptable, determined and someone who thrives in a fast paced environment that promotes changes and drives successful execution
Proactive, highly motivated and has excellent interpersonal & communication
and leadership skills
Demonstrates ability to interact with the customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company
Tell us more about yourself by applying online now!
Apply on company website