Director of Sales and Marketing Job Listing at IHG in Amman (Job ID ScrapingHub11518-AMM000181)
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
At the moment we're looking for a Director of a Sales & Marketing to join our energetic, enthusiastic and passionate team at InterContinental Jordan.
InterContinental Jordan was established in 1963 and was the first 5 star international Hotel in Jordan and celebrated its 50th anniversary in March 2013. It is considered as one of the key hotels within IHG - MEA Hotels. InterContinental Jordan enjoys a prime location at the heart of the diplomatic area of Amman, on the summit of one of the seven hills. Located within walking distance of the old city center, InterContinental Jordan is only a 30-minute drive from Queen Alia International Airport. The 440 renovated rooms and suites are equipped with an array of modern amenities and latest technology. The Hotel has a very large F&B; operation with a high contribution to the total Hotel revenue.
For meetings and conferences, the hotel is well equipped for hosting business and social gatherings of every description, with nine flexible and renovated function rooms that can accommodate from 10 to 1500 guests. Over 500 colleagues are committed to maintaining the highest standards of luxury, quality and service which define the company.
As a Director of Sales & Marketing you will be reporting directly to the General Manager and below are some of the key responsibilities:
**Duties and Responsibilities**
* Develop and implement sales and marketing strategies for the hotel to ensure revenue and rooms night sales goals are achieved, sales & market strategies are set, tactical plans are created and implemented and results are monitored and achieved.
* Achieve budgeted revenues and personal/team sales goals and maximize profitability.
* Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget, the hotel marketing plan, business plan, and financial plans.
* Create and implement sales plans that drive measurable incremental occupancy, increase average rates, increase volume, revenue and market share as well as food and beverage and banquet sales.
* Create and develop special events and sales blitzes to showcase the hotel to potential clients. Attend trade shows and major market events locally and internationally to promote new business and increase sales and marketing opportunities for the hotel.
* Direct day-to-day sales activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict, improve team member performance, and recognize good performance.
* Educate, train and motivate sales and marketing teams to achieve hotel revenue goals. Ensure staff has the information, market data, tools and equipment to successfully carry out job duties.
* Develop and maintain relationships with key clients and outside contacts (example: guests, airliners, wholesalers, travel agencies, ad agencies, local community groups) in order to produce group and/or convention business, to include room sales, food and beverage sales, and catering/banquet services.
* Provide guests with information (example: loyalty programs, area attractions, restaurants, facility information) to enhance guest experience.
* Schedule conventions and/or business group activities at the hotel and coordinate with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the Sales Office and prospective clients.
* Communicate to appropriate departments all pertinent information requirements and special needs for arriving VIPs, large groups, and other key guests.
* Lead marketing efforts to upsell guests on hotel services, offerings, and amenities.
* Identify operational problems that reduce the effectivenessof marketing activities and overallhotel salesperformanceandworkwithappropriate department on solutions.
* Develop awareness and reputationofthehoteland the brand in thelocal community; may serve as thehotelrepresentativefor media-related inquiries.
* Workcloselywithkey business leaders,officials,and representatives of local community groups within thecity to ensure constant high-profile exposure for the hotel.
* Effectively communicate and marketaspects of the hotelthat are sustainable or “green” and use informationtogain new business opportunities.
* Workwith advertising agencies, consultingfirms,andvendorstomaximize advertising investments andensure adsrepresent brandidentity.
* High level of passion, enthusiasm and drive for results
* Charismatic leader who can inspire and motivate the Sales & Marketing team
* Excellent communication skills across all mediums - presentation, telephone, correspondence, face to face etc. in English, a 2nd language is preferred and the Arabic language is an advantage.
* Ability to set up a winning team to handle all S&M; activities including corporate sales and marketing, Conference & Events , Local and int. PR, local F&B; marketing etc.
* Experience & ability to develop leading strategies to drive MICE from both the local & international market
* Ambitious and eager to learn, grow and further develop own career
* High level of common sense and high skill of problem solving and decision making
* Drive for results to outperform competition
* Proven track of a minimum 3 years’ experience as DOSM in a 5* luxury hotel
* Degree from a university or hotel school preferably in marketing or tourism/hospitality management
In return, we'll give you a competitive benefits package including salary, insurances and the opportunity to progress your career with IHG. You'll have the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you Room to be yourself.
*Schedule:* Full Time
*Job:* Sales & Business Development
*Primary Location:* IMEA_MiddleEast-Jordan-AM-Amman
*Req ID:* AMM000181
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
View similar jobs:
Assistant Director of Sales & Marketing
IHG - Amman, Jordan
Online marketing Executive
IHG - Amman, Jordan
Locate this job: