Front Desk Agent - InterContinental Stephen F. Austin Job Listing at IHG in Austin
Title: Front Desk Agent - InterContinental Stephen F. Austin
Location: AMER_North Amer-United States-TX-Austin
Job Number: AUS000527
Do you see yourself as a Front Desk Agentfor the InterContinental Stephen F Austin?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Check-in/check-out hotel guests in a timely and professional manner; process all payments according to established procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Welcome guests in a friendly, prompt and professional manner.
* Register guests, issue room keys, provide information on hotel services and room location.
* Answer phones in a prompt and courteous manner.
* Up-sell rooms where possible to maximize hotel revenue.
* Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions in accordance with established procedures including but not limited to posting all charges, completing cashier and other reports, preparing deposit, and counting/securing assigned bank.
* Issue, control and release guest safe-deposit boxes.
* Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up.
* Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Make appropriate service recovery gestures in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
* May routinely book guest reservations for individuals and/or groups that are requested either by phone or from within the hotel; process cancellations, revisions, and information updates on changes.
* Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
* Perform other duties as assigned including guest room tours, concierge services, special guest requests, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements:
High School diploma or equivalent, plus one year front desk/guest service experience. Some college preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred. Will be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
* Frequently standing up behind the desk and front office areas
* Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
* Handling objects, products and computer equipment
* Use a keyboard to operate various property management and reservations systems, etc.
* Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
* Reading and writing abilities are utilized often.
* Basic math skills are used frequently.
* Problem solving, reasoning, motivating and training abilities are often used.
* May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which includes free shift meals, healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Austin, TX
View similar jobs:
Austin, TX SLP Job
Soliant Health - Austin, TX
SLP Job in Austin, Texas
Soliant Health - Austin, TX
QUICK LUBE TECHNICIAN
AutoNation - Austin, TX
Locate this job: