Housekeeping Room Attendant - InterContinental Stephen F. Austin Job Listing at IHG in Austin, TX
Title: Housekeeping Room Attendant - InterContinental Stephen F. Austin
Location: AMER_North Amer-United States-TX-Austin
Job Number: AUS000528
Do you see yourself as aRoom Attendant?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
This position has overall responsibility for cleaning guest rooms and/or suites in a timely and thorough manner to ensure guest satisfaction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Clean and service assigned rooms or areas according to established standards and procedures including making beds, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms, removing trash, etc. May include cleaning of kitchen area, room refrigerator, coffee maker, cups, glasses, silverware, etc.
* Notify supervisor when service is complete so rooms may be sold or occupied. Report any room unable to be serviced to supervisor according to established procedures.
* Report to supervisor needed repairs or unsafe conditions.
* Respond to guest complaints, special requests and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
* Monitor and control supplies and amenities, and minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping.
* Report, turn in, and/or log all lost and found items according to established procedures.
* Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
* May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects.
* May assist with other duties as assigned.
* May have turndown duties.
In this role you will clean and service assigned rooms or areas according to established standards and procedures including making beds, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms, removing trash etc. which may include cleaning of kitchen areas, room refrigerator, coffee maker, cups, glasses, silverware etc. The Room Attendant will notify the supervisor when service is complete so rooms may be sold or occupied while you monitor and control supplies and amenities, and minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping. Report, turn in, and/or log all lost and found itemsaccording to established procedures.
Requirements include basic reading, writing and math skills and some housekeeping experience is preferred. You be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays. This job requires ability to perform the following: carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds and pushing and/or pulling approximately 200 pounds, frequently standing up and moving about the facility, frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility, frequently bending, stooping and kneeling.
* Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
* Basic reading, writing, and math abilities are utilized often when reading room assignments, completing checklists, replacing room linens and amenities.
* May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Job: General Housekeeping
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Hospitality/Restaurant/Tourism jobs in Austin, TX
View similar jobs:
Commis Chef Holiday Inn Warrington
IHG - CHS
Omni Hotels - Austin, TX
Guest Services Representative - Staybridge Suites Austin Aboretum
IHG - Austin, TX
Locate this job: