Learning & Development Manager — Crowne Plaza Sohar Job Listing at IHG in Sohar
Title: Learning & Development Manager — Crowne Plaza Sohar
Job Number: SOH000106
At InterContinental Hotels Group, we own, operate and franchise more than 3500 hotels, offering close to half a million guest rooms in nearly 100 countries. By bringing your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our vision: to be the most preferred, admired and successful hotel company the world over.
The Learning & Development Manager is an integral member of the hotels management team reporting directly to the General Manager, the role involves the following;
1. Analyzing training needs of the hotel in general and in individual departments, developing strategies and including them in the Training Business Plan.
2. Preparing annual training budget & maintains hotel training records, statistics and training and development budgets and include in a monthly training report.
3. Designs and implements training programmes which meet specific departmental needs in conjunction with Department Heads, ensuring that training session plans are structured and that training is effective
4. Conducts off job training sessions based on the Hotel Training Needs which include Induction, Brand and Service training, Foundation Programmes, Driving Revenue Performance & Building Managers.
5. Analyses company statistics from Guest and Employee surveys, business financial results etc to measure success of training and the job satisfaction levels from ESPS
6. Provides individual or group instruction to Department Heads and Supervisors to improve the effectiveness of their staff meetings, performance reviews or other training related and people activities
7. Assists in the selection of Departmental Trainers, then trains and develops them through on-going workshops and monthly meetings
8. As part of the Training Needs Analysis conducts Departmental Training Reviews on a regular basis, helping the Departmental Trainers to establish training system within the department.
9. Assists Director of Human Resources and Department Heads with identifying high potential and high value individuals and ensures career progression within the hotel/company matching it with their development potentials
10. Ensures that all employees have Personal Development Plans with identified development needs and opportunities to address them
11. Provide input to department managers prior to bi-annual performance and development reviews of their teams.
12. Reviews Annual Performance Review forms and Personal Development Plans and recommends appropriate development opportunities
13. Ensures that all relevant departments have up to date Service Standards and Procedures Manuals and guides and coaches in the production of the same
14. Ensures that all Departmental Trainers have task breakdowns for their on job training sessions.
15. Ensures that every department has got departmental monthly training calendar and the department submits training report at the end of each month
16. Observes departmental training sessions on a regular basis and provides feedback and coaching to the trainers identifying strengths and development opportunities
17. Closely monitors hotel Heartbeat/Employee Survey Engagement results and develops hotel training strategy considering the appropriate scores
18. Works closely with HR Manager on new employee on-boarding and ensures that every employee has completed departmental induction and has received initial skills training within the first two weeks of employment.
19. Ensures that all new starters have completed IHG Hotel Orientation program and brand culture training within one month since the starting date.
20. Prepare and monitor training programs for external management trainees, work experience students and school trainees etc.
21. Maintains necessary training records
22. Responsible for arranging training equipment and supplies - booking rooms accommodation.
23. Ensures that all employees have been trained on legally required courses.
24. Liaises with external training providers to organize training not available in house
25. Liaises with educational institutions on the matters of trainee internships
26. Responsible for preparing external trainees initial training plans
27. Counsels Hotel staff as needed. Develops, implements performance management systems to plan, appraise and improve individual and team performance
28. Trains and develops other managers in industrial relation matters
Do you have what it takes to be a leader in the world's most global hotel company?
If so, make it happen and apply now for a career with InterContinental Hotels Group, where a world of personal and professional opportunities exist.
* Two years experience in a similar role
* Excellent communication & presentation skills
Job: Talent Development/Training Management
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Oman
View similar jobs:
Locate this job: