Product Manager - Mobile Products Job Listing at IHG in Atlanta, GA (Job ID ScrapingHub11518-R101969)
Recommend a friend – Band 6 USD
Do you see yourself as the **Mobile Product Manager**?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
This exciting position serves as the single point of contact for turning specific business strategy and performance enhancements into specific set of products within our Mobile product category; iOS and Android apps, Mobile Web, and any other mobile project we think of. IHG has the top rated hotel brand app in the App Store and your job will be to help keep our apps the best in class. That means maintaining current progress as well as pushing the limits of what mobile means to travel. The Mobile Product Manager collaborates and coordinates among business stakeholders, analysts, developers, and functional subject matter experts to create holistic product solutions for Distribution Marketing’s customers/stakeholders across our mobile touchpoints. The Product Manager will manage the end to end product lifecycle from idea inception through development and launch, leveraging designers, usability specialists, operators, and stakeholders along the way. They define product needs via a “roadmap” of initiatives mapped out over a predetermined cycled timeline and monitor product performance for identification of new features and functions in order to meet performance metrics.
**Essential Duties and Responsibilities** – **_(Key Activities)_**
* Lead development and implementation of product strategy: Incorporate deep understanding of customer insights, markets, competition, and distribution capabilities to define product strategy. This should manifest itself in a roadmap of initiatives including new features and functionality, small enhancement and content refreshments to existing products as well as new product needs.
* Accountable for product line Key Performance Indicators such as revenue, utilization and guest satisfaction.
* Measure product performance and lead performance improvement initiatives. Identify and understand the performance drivers and set up ongoing diagnostics and monitoring capabilities.
* Drive new mobile product development – create sound business cases around all new products based on needs assessment and projected feasibility. Incorporate a user/customer centric approach to all development efforts. Engage appropriate product support teams and developers early in the process to capture full perspective in creating “best fit” products.
* Monitor the changing competitive landscape of mobile marketplace to identify relevant market solutions, site and native app features and consumer research needs
* Manage product lifecycles: continually evaluate product performance and key customer insights and ensure new product needs are identified far enough in advance to address needs before product obsolescence.
* Communicate product information: including product roadmap, specifications, value proposition, sales tools training tools and competitive information to stakeholders. Provide status updates to PMO for regular reporting cycles. Communicate product performance to senior management.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Communications, Business, Information Systems, or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experienced. Four to 5 years progressive work-related experience, including 3 years experience in product management, product development, marketing or operations, with demonstrated travel industry experience and understanding of multiple disciplines/processes related to the position.
**Technical** **skills and Knowledge**
* Understanding of the mobile user experience and variances within international markets
* Demonstrated familiarity with a variety of web and mobile platforms, including iOS, Android, and other the operating systems of such platforms
* Understanding of the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable web applications and/or media products
* Strong understanding of the use of underlying content platforms and technologies such that are used in the definition on new product solutions.
* Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors, senior management and staff.
* Demonstrated ability to present new concepts, research findings, and business outcomes to various groups including corporate clients, senior management, potential vendors, and industry consultants.
* Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executing projects from conception through implementation. Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks/clients required.
* Demonstrated experience in detailed product development discovery, documentation, and design work.
* Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to perform research and use the results of analysis to make effective strategic decisions.
* Demonstrated hotel industry knowledge reflecting the entire customer experience lifecycle (reservations – stay – ongoing relationship management).
* Demonstrated knowledge of travel distribution channels (web, CRO, gds, or tpi) and reservations sales “building blocks”.
* Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint) required.
* Demonstrated ability to adapt tactics and strategies to fast moving, rapidly evolving marketplace required.
* Demonstrated ability to use prototyping or simulation in product creation.
* Experience in formal requirements methodologies such as vision, scope, context, use cases, etc. preferred.
* Graduate coursework or degree a plus.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which includes healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program**.** Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG by clicking "Apply Online".
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
*Job:* Sales & Business Development
*Primary Location:* AMER_North Amer-United States-GA-Atlanta
*Req ID:* R101969
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
View similar jobs:
Sr Product Manager
LexisNexis Risk - Alpharetta, GA
Portfolio Data Analyst Intern 1
Ericsson - Norcross, Georgia
Senior Product Manager
Pearson - Atlanta, GA
Locate this job: