Reservations Sales Agent InterContinental Marseille - Hotel Dieu Job Listing at IHG in U
Title: Reservations Sales Agent InterContinental Marseille - Hotel Dieu
Job Number: MAR000655
At InterContinental Hotels Group, we own, operate and franchise more than 3500 hotels, offering close to half a million guest rooms in nearly 100 countries. By bringing your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our vision: to be the most preferred, admired and successful hotel company the world over.
InterContinental Marseille - Hôtel Dieu
5* Hotel opening in April 2013
A gastronomic restaurant seating 40 people
A Brasserie style restaurant seating 80 people inside and 80 on the outside terrace overlooking the Vieux Port
A lounge bar seating 60 people inside and 40 outside
1000 square meters conference space
Under the direction of the Revenue Manager, you will be responsible for recording and processing all inquiries made by phone, fax or email efficiently and accurately and convert them into sales in order to maximize revenue & occupancy.
AtInterContinental Hotels & Resorts®we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
· Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
· Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests' needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
· Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Have a good knowledge of the hotel's facilities and services and pass this information on to the guest whenever the possibility arises, in order to maximise hotel sales.
· Help develop room revenue and occupancy forecasts
· Maintain a regular pattern of sales calls and ensure no calls are left unanswered
· Process cancellations and modifications to reservations such as extensions, early departures, etc. and promptly relay this information to the front desk
· Ensure and maintain the accuracy of data and information on the system
· Monitor reservation levels and inform Managers of current and future occupancy rates
· Process and monitor advance deposits on reservations
· Prepare reservation sales reports
· Process reservations from the sales office, other hotel departments, and travel agents
· Communicate reservation information to the front desk
· Build a great rapport with clients (guests and bookers) and colleagues (inside and outside of the hotel)
· Maintain a consistent, high quality customer focused orientation. Listen to and communicate with guests to obtain all required information necessary to determine and address their specific needs.
· Respond to individuals in manner and timeframe promised or follow-up to explain status.
· Provide clear, accurate information; anticipate problems or questions
· Know the type of rooms available as well as their location and layout
· Maintain knowledge of special rates/offers/promotions
· Maintain high quality of correspondence and accuracy of information input into reservations while ensuring timeliness
· Handle any guest comments and ensure appropriate follow up takes place and is communicated to the relevant departments.
· Ensure the commitment toward reducing usage of papers and supporting team members on the Green Engage program
· Adhere to the PCI-DSS standards while handling sensitive credit card information
· Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community.
Perform other duties as assigned
Previous experience working with Revenue, Reservations and Sales & Marketing Department in 5-Star Hotel environment
Must speak fluent French and english; other languages in addition preferred
Must have strong knowledge of Opera and Holidex systems
Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing) and excellent hospitality skills
Proficiency and strong knowledge in excel
Pro-active and reliable
Able to work alone and within a team
Must be able to work on rotating shifts, holidays and weekends
Must meet the legal requirements to work in France
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
Job: Sales & Marketing
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in France
View similar jobs:
Chef de Produit Acquisition (Digital/Print) H/F,CDI
American Express - France
Alstom - Paris/La Defense
ECS S&M Process and tools
Alstom - Massy
Locate this job: