Revenue Manager - IC Cairo Citystars Job Listing at IHG in Cairo
Title: Revenue Manager - IC Cairo Citystars
Job Number: CAI000542
Do you see yourself as Revenue Manager?
What's your passion? Whether you're into camel racing, shopping or scuba diving, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
* Using the tools provided (ie IBP) and in compliance with the IHG standards, maintains, updates and shares information in the areas of a master calendar of external events, competitor rate intelligence, RevPar penetration (RGI), arrival and spending patterns of commercial accounts, denial reports, meeting space allocation, guest capture rates (with the F&B Mgr), Loyalty program penetration both overall and by account (and for bookers), system contribution and trends in rooms and non-rooms revenues by channel, segment and account.
* Understand the composition of hotel profitability, and uses this to evaluate business from local accounts and groups so as to provide input to future rate setting and negotiation.
* Monitor competitor pricing for all revenue generating departments, understands the dynamic of the local market and the demand generators, and recommends appropriate actions to the Revenue Room Taskforce in relation to the hotel's pricing and market mix strategy.
* Conduct weekly rate/sell strategy (yield) meetings with General Manager, DOSM, Reservations Manager, Front Office Manager, Catering Manager.
* Facilitate the Revenue Room Meeting and generates reports and analyses needed for these meetings, displaying key facts/trends etc., on the revenue room walls.
* Monitor and determine demand periods for function space, rooms and catering through an analysis of historical data and current bookings. Responsible for tracking and analyzing of booking pace, group wash, cut off enforcement for groups as well as denied and regretted business.
* Approve and/or implement sell strategies for all group proposals above 9 rooms on any one night, and collaborates with the Director of Sales or Director of Catering on setting group and conference rates.
* Manage use of revenue systems* on a daily basis. This includes the responsibility for any manipulation of the yield hurdle points and daily inventory balancing where appropriate. Where a yield management system is not installed this includes responsibility for opening or closing Holidex Plus.
* Train and support hotel teams on revenue system* functionality and enhancements.
* Manage all channels (CRO, GDS, Internet direct and indirect) including but not limited to room types and sell strategy. Responsible for ensuring compliance with the Lowest Internet Rate Guarantee and managing third party distributors in compliance with IHG standards and rules.
* Guardian of IBP. Ensure compliance with all IBP rules and standard processes. Provide input to the annual budget process on all revenue aspects of the business. Provides medium-term revenue-based forecasts of required staffing levels to all departments.
* Provides technical support to Reservations and Front Office on up-selling and negotiating techniques.
* College/University Degree
* Minimum 2 years work experience as Revenue Manager
* Functional knowledge of systems like HOLIDEX Plus®, IBP, Ideas, PERFORM, Travelclick, Revenue Planner QES, GSTS, along with analytical skils and deep knowledge of TQM principles.
* High degree of market awareness, understanding of consumer and customer (business & leisure) behavior
* Broad commercial and business skills are essential
* Strong leadership skills with ability to effectively manage indirect resource with five or more years of hotel experience and financial background
* Highly creative and structured approach to projects and planning
* Fluent command of the English language, both spoken and written
* Additional languages an advantage
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and other programs . Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG by clicking "Apply Online".
Job: Revenue Management
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Egypt
View similar jobs:
Invensys - Cairo
IT Client Support Spec
EMC - Cairo
Tech Support Engineer I
EMC - Cairo
Locate this job: