Locate this job
To coordinate preparation of food and its delivery from the kitchen to the table inaccordance to local and IHOP Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) regulations.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
These include the following:
- Develop and maintain professional functional working relationships withIHOP employees.
- Prepare and garnish food for delivery to guest following IHOP SOP manuals.
- Communicate servers' food orders and service requests in an accurate and timely manner.
- Memorize and apply IHOP terminology, abbreviations, and methodologies.
- Identify food that is incorrect and remedy the problem before it is sent to the guest.
- Pull foods in order to check sold.
- Know the table numbers in the restaurant, and be prepared to run food to guests.
- Be aware of time; keep tabs on how long items have been in the window; find outwhy something has not been delivered quickly (i.e. lost check or check not thrown by cook); make sure guests are not kept waiting, or are given a reason why.
- Have full knowledge of all menu items and how the food should appear on the plate(including correct garnish and plating).
- Stock and rotate all needed supplies in the service areas and dining room.
- Comply with all local and SOP health, sanitation, and safety guidelines.
- Clean, clear pass bar areas. Empty trash and polish all pass bar stainless steel.
- Perform all cleaning duties according to the posted cleaning charts.
- Comply with IHOP uniform and appearance standards per SOP guidelines.
- Perform other assignments or tasks as assigned by the General Manager, AssistantManager, or acting supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential dutysatisfactorily. The requirements listed below are represents the knowledge, skill, andor/ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals withdisabilities to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Prior experience or training is desired, but may not be required.LANGUAGE SKILLS
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to writeguest checks and simple correspondence. Ability to read and speak English well enough tocommunicate with guests, understand guest checks and instructions.MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers,common fractions, and decimals.REASONING ABILITY
Ability to apply common sense and to understand and carry out detailed but uninvolvedwritten or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variablesin standardized situations.OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
IHOP training coursework as assigned.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are represents requirements of those that must bemet by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform theessential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to use hands andfingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talkor hear; and taste or smell. The employee occasionally must lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those anemployee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform theessential functions. While performing the job duties, the employee occasionally is exposedto fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Apply on company website