Locate this job
The MOD is a position filled by an hourly team member. In the absence of Salaried Management, the MOD assumes the duties and operations responsibilities of a salaried Assistant Manager. The MOD should assist in directing team members in all phases of operations to achieve high standards of food preparation and food presentation, guest service, general cleanliness guidelines and maintains a positive atmosphere in accordance with all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).Key Relationships are as follows:
- Certified Trainers
- Restaurant Team Members
- RSC Team Members
- ACG Vendors
- IHOP Franchise Business Consultant
- IHOP Corp. Support Teams
- Drive Guest Service through all levels of the restaurant team by ensuring a consistent focus on guest satisfaction.
- Manage entire operation of restaurant during scheduled shifts, which include:
- Supporting the staff to ensure positive and consistent guest interaction,
- Ensure proper scheduling and staffing on current and future shifts while upholding standards,
- Ensure consistent excellent product quality and maintaining high levels of cleanliness and sanitation/food safety.
- Execute all server check-outs, reconcile all cash and credit card revenues, deposits, and safe reconciliation.
- Ensure that all employees adhere to the company's uniform standards.
- Perform line checks in the galley throughout the shift to ensure proper specifications on weights, temperatures, cleanliness and organization.
- Ensure that the unit is properly staffed for all time periods. Staffing must be maintained at a level to guarantee overall guest satisfaction for the goal of increasing sales
- Prepare reports at end of shift, which may include Daily Sales Reports, Daily Cash Interims, Daily Labor controls, and other such processes that ensure the control of all company assets.
- Prepare food production checklists and ensure the proper implementation of all company recipes as required.
- If needed, order food, smallwares, uniforms and any other necessary products to unit par levels to maintain the highest levels of operational standards.
- Approve and sign all food or beverage discounts of any kind.
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Promptly notify the Area Director in the event of a guest or employee accident or injury.
- Ensure that proper company security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests and company assets, including security of storeroom, freezer and office.
- Keep immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all unit issues. Take prompt corrective action where necessary or suggest alternative courses of action.
- Complete job responsibilities and performance objectives in a timely and effective manner and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Always project a favorable image of IHOP to promote its goals and objectives and foster and enhance public recognition and acceptance of all of its areas of endeavor.
- Typically work indoors, but may occasionally work outdoors.
- Be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays when restaurants are busiest.
- Be willing to work unpredictable hours to fill in for absent workers.
Apply on company website