Medical Officer (Primary Care), GS-602-14, (ESEP/MP) Job Listing at Indian Health Service in Rapid City, SD (Job ID indianhealth-337020200)
Hospital / Healthcare, Health Products & Services
### JOB SUMMARY:
Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At HHS you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. Join HHS and help make our world healthier, safer and better for all Americans.
*The Indian Health Service is required by law* to give absolute preference to qualified Indian applicants and employees who are qualified and suitable for Federal employment. The Indian Health Service (IHS) by law is committed to affording employment preference to American Indian and Alaska Native candidates who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. In other than the above, the Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is also being announced under Announcement IHS-13-AB-823982-ESEP/MP for those who want to be considered under Merit Promotion Plan/Excepted Service Examining Plan. If you wish to be considered under all hiring plans you must submit an application to both job opportunity announcements.
**Positions will be filled at the following location as vacancies occur.*
* The following positions are currently available:*
* One (1) vacancy for Family Practice or Internal Medicine*
* This Open Continuous Announcement** (OCA) allows acceptance of applications throughout the year with eligible applicants being placed on the OCA register and referred for consideration as vacancies occur. The first Cut-off date for receipt/referral of applications to be considered for available vacant positions will be 2/18/13. Other Cut-off dates will be established based on the date requests for List of Eligibles are received to fill other vacancies.
**Period of Eligibility**: Applications will remain eligible for three (3) months from the time the application is received. To remain in active status for positions announced under this open continuous announcement, ensure you keep your application information updated. Failure to keep information updated will result in "expired application" status and you will no longer be considered for future openings.
**Appointment:** May be Permanent, Temporary, Excepted Temporary, Excepted Time-Limited, or Term with tour of duty of Full-Time, Part-Time or Intermittent. The Agency has option of extending Time-Limited and Term appointments for up to a maximum of four years. Temporary positions NTE 12 months or less are subject to termination at any time. The Agency has option of extending Temporary position appointments for up to a maximum of two years*.
* Work Schedule:** May be filled as full-time, part-time or intermittent.
Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Indian Health Service (IHS), Northern Plains Regional Aberdeen Area, PHS Indian Health Hospital, Medical Staff, Rapid City, SD United States Few vacancies
* Salary range:* $96,690.00- $195,000.00 ( Annually)
* Promotion potential:* None*
* Merit Promotion Position:* Yes
* Travel Required:* Yes, occasional travel may be required.
* Supervisory/Managerial Position:* No
**Relocation Expenses Paid:
* Paid, expenses will be paid in the interest of the government and not in the interest of the selected employee. Failure to fulfill the one year service agreement may require repayment of relocatin expense allowances.
* Is position covered by PL 101-630?* Yes (See item # 3 in the How to Apply Tab)
* Is drug testing required?* No
* Is government housing available?* No
* Is this a bargaining unit position?* Yes
* Alternative work schedule, call back, standby, rotating shifts, nights/weekends/holidays?* Yes
* This position requires that you obtain and maintain clinical privileges. If they are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee may be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from the Federal service.
* FOR PROGRAM INFORMATION:** Contact *Hilda Irizarry*, M.D., Clinical Director, at 605-355-2436, email **firstname.lastname@example.org**; *Eileen Lunderman*, Clinical Services Administrator, at 605-355-2482, email **email@example.com*; *or *Beverly Grimshaw*, Ancillary Services Director Clinical Services, at 605-355-2445, email **firstname.lastname@example.org**.
* Who may apply section***
Excepted Service Examining Plan Candidates (ESEP)
Merit Promotion Plan Candidates (MPP)
Veteran's Preference including Veterans Employment Opportunity Act Candidates (VEOA)*
* Commissioned Corps Candidates
* - visit **email@example.com** for more information on Who May Apply*
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in South Dakota Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Junior Trust Officer
Kelly Services - Rapid City, SD
Shift Supervisor (US)
Starbucks - Watertown, SD
Shift Supervisor (US)
Starbucks - Rapid City, SD
Locate this job: