Practice Architect - Networking Job Listing at Insight in Waltham, MA
Retail, Business Services
Practice Architect - Networking
Location: Waltham, MA
Other Locations: *Not Applicable*
# of openings: 1
Practice Architect - Networking
The Practice Architect (PA) is responsible for supporting pre-sales, creating repeatable solutions and methodologies and for providing project quality assurance and escalation support. The Practice Architects work closely with Market Technical Leaders on improving repeatable solutions and delivery methodologies. The Practice Architect is a billable resource, primarily serving as technical oversight and quality assurance on projects and has a utilization target of 25%. 40% of the Practice Architect time is spent supporting the Practice Leader and sales teams in pre-sales effort. The remaining 35% of the Practice Architects time is spent creating and improving solutions and methodologies.
Insight is a Cisco Gold Partner, headquartered in Tempe, AZ and recognized by The Phoenix Business Journal as a winner of the Best Places to Work in 2012 in Phoenix. We are growing; operate across the US and looking for talented people who are passionate about emerging technologies and excited to work for an industry-leading organization.
The Practice Architect can reside in MA, NY or other locations in the N.E. States
Roles and Responsibilities
* Defines and enforces practice-specific delivery methodology, templates and tools; the practice-specific methodology will always fit within Insight’s overall service delivery methodology
* Develops repeatable packaged offerings
* Provides technical review and approval for all services estimates, proposals, statement of works, and RFPs.
* Provides oversight and QA for each project within the practice
* Assists with technical escalation from Market Technical Leaders
* Reviews and approves professional services estimates, statements of work and change orders
* Assists Market Technical Leaders in technical vetting of full time employees and contractors
* Assists Practice Leader in build out of technical development plans
* Supports the practice lead (business lead) in business development and sales engineering; acts as the Subject Matter Expert for the practice
* Coordinates with Practice Architects from other practices to continually improve our delivery methodology and share best practices and lessons learned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Strong ability to cultivate relationships with partners, suppliers in order to develop and share understanding of technology roadmaps both within Insight and with Insight’s client community required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate both technical and abstract concepts in a clear and concise manner a must. Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively required. Must be able to multi-task effectively. Ability to interface effectively with client executives in a professional and businesslike manner is a must. Must have prior supervisory experience in areas of, mentoring, training, staff development, etc.
* Architecting and implementing complex LAN and WAN solutions.
* Demonstrated experience with complex network infrastructure design and implementation (e.g., routing, switching, wireless, VLANs, IP addressing and wide area networks)
* Plan, Deploy, Operate, and Refresh network infrastructure based on the latest advanced technologies and methodologies
* Advanced knowledge of but not limited to:
* Design high-availability Local Area and Campus network infrastructures
* Branch/Campus/Core networking architecting and implementation
* QoS deployment architecting and implementation
* Complex Network Assessments
* Build scalable Wide Area and Metropolitan Area networks
* Working knowledge of Wireless, Firewall, and VPN based security technologies
* Minimum partner certifications in Networking or equivalent skills
* Cisco CCIE
* Additional certifications in HP and Juniper a plus
A bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or demonstrated performance in a technical work environment is required. A current advanced certification in the practice area assigned is required for this position. Minimum eight years of experience architecting, designing and implementing advanced security and network solutions. Minimum four years of experience managing technical staff in a fast-paced environment. Previous consulting/professional services experience is required.
Insight is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), M/F/D/V
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Boston, MA
View similar jobs:
Connexion Systems and Engineering - Salem, NH
Arnold-Hanafin Corporation - Westwood, MA
Project Cost Analyst
Arnold-Hanafin Corporation - Southborough, MA
Locate this job: