Partner Champion - Microsoft Hardware Job Listing at Insight in Tempe, AZ
Retail, Business Services
Partner Champion - Microsoft Hardware
Location: Tempe, AZ
Other Locations: *Not Applicable*
# of openings: 1
We Work Together...We Win Together...ONE Insight!
The Partner Champion is responsible for achieving gross profit goals for designated manufacturer (Microsoft Hardware) within given territory for Insight. This will be achieved through proactive efforts in driving Microsoft’s information down to the account rep level as well as tracking and assisting in closing of opportunities at the rep and team level. The incumbent will also recommend optimal configurations for the customer’s environment, and possess the ability to present technical solutions that solve the customer's business problems. The incumbent interacts with Sales teams and clients primarily via the telephone. The incumbent is required to be up to date on all applicable product lines, all manufacturer programs, distribution programs and Insight programs that are applicable to the manufacturer that can assist in closing business. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, partners well with Insight's sales force, has excellent time management & presentation skills, and is capable of working independently with minimal direction.
Essential Functions of the Job:
Sales (80% ofPartner Championtime)
* Selling activities to achieve overall GP goals.
* Work open quote list with the appropriate sales associate and provide assistance in closing specific business opportunities.
* Provide updated sales pipeline on regular basis to include: quote tracking, order tracking, close ratio, number of calls, open opportunities, etc.
* Provide answers to pre-sales technical questions for Insight sales executives and customers on defined category.
* Actively promote the use of bid desk, promotions, trade-in programs and other sales incentive programs.
* Provide frequent feedback to Product Marketing and Purchasing to ensure appropriate programs, promotions and tools are in place to ensure success at the customer level.
* Coordinate manufacturer lead opportunities provided by the manufacturer for managed account business.
* Evangelize assigned products and programs and information through participation in sales team meetings.
* Manages / Tracks software renewals, maintenance contracts, and warranties as applicable to their manufacturer / assigned product lines.
Event Coordination (10% ofPartner Championtime)
* Resource to assist in identified training programs, i.e. PST Trainings, Take 5’s, Focus week trainings and others. Helps coordinate and assist in training. Is usually NOT lead trainer for an event.
* Provide assistance with organizing and staffing manufacturer specific sales programs/incentive programs, Blitz Days, etc.
Learning and Certification (10% ofPartner Championtime)
* Develop and maintain expertise on the manufacturer's products, programs, competition and the industry as well as learning about the manufacturer’s solutions including product solutions, product roadmaps, technology, and industry/competitive information.
* Attend manufacturer specific trainings to maintain full knowledgeable on all applicable manufacturer products and programs
Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university preferred; or 3 years related sales experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Ideal candidates will have strong technical sales backgrounds with hands-on experience in selling to corporate and government accounts. Relationship based sales experience is required for this position.
* Prior experience in technical sales will help you excel in this position.
* Expertise and comfort working to uncover business pain and create customer vision.
* The best candidate will provide strong sales knowledge of the Microsoft hardware stack, including mice, keyboards, webcams and headsets.Familiarity with competitive platforms and other similar products is also required for this role.
* Knowledge of Microsoft’s other workload / technology solution areas, is also a desire for this role (Core Infrastructure, Business Productivity, and Application Platform).
* Working knowledge of Excel and familiarity with large data sets, pivot tables, VLookup, charts and graphs is desired.
* A successful, driven, high-energy individual who projects warmth, maturity, and empathy with customers, while conversant at a business ROI level.
* Individual must possess unparalleled communication and people skills.
* Competitive compensation package
* Comprehensive benefits package - Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness Programs, 401K & More!
* GiveBack – Volunteer Paid Time Off
* Continuous training and leadership development
* Insight University
* Insight Values Program – Reward & Recognition
* Teammate Purchase Program
* On-site cafeteria
We believe in teamwork, having fun and achieving success. Be a part of our winning team “Be the Solution”.
Insight is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - Microsoft Tools jobs in Phoenix, AZ
View similar jobs:
Customer Service Assessor
Associate Consumer Evaluations - Scottsdale, AZ
Consumer Experience Critic
Associate Consumer Evaluations - Phoenix, AZ
Locate this job: