11833br Job Listing at International Game Technology in San Francisco, CA
Req No. 11833BR
Position Name Software Engineer III
Location CA - San Francisco
Employment Status Full Time
IGT is a global company specializing in the design, manufacture, and marketing of electronic game equipment and systems products. It has been a global market leader for more than 20 years and has shaped the gaming industry via a unique history of product innovation and market development. IGT generated $2.1B in revenue in 2009 and has approximately 5000 employees.
IGT’s New Media division focuses on the global development and delivery of gaming content and systems products through the internet & other distributed methods to PCs, mobile phones and other ‘thin client’ devices. As new markets open and gaming becomes ubiquitous entertainment the market opportunity represented by these products is very significant, as is evidenced by today’s online gaming market size ($25B+) and rapid growth.
IGT’s New Media division will bring to market world class products that attain leading positions in the emerging new media markets, take full advantage of the innovative possibilities new technologies present, and leverage the expertise, assets and the resources of its parent.
Are you excited about games and entertainment? Do you want to be at the forefront of bringing the game and player data analytics to business users? If so, you have the opportunity to be part of the team that builds and provides the top online casino game content, casino management functionality and data analytics on the Internet.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Collaborate with business areas and data owners to successfully implement business analytics and data warehousing solution
• Ensure operational and analytical business requirements for reporting across the organization
• Define and develop physical and logical data models to support reporting needs
• Experience with Flume, Hadoop, HBase and other open source projects.
• Experience with creating and interpreting map-reduce style data analysis.
• Experience with large distributed data and systems.
• Design, build and test extract, transform and load (ETL) functions following industry standards and best practices.
• Create, maintain, and manage documentation for all data warehouse design and development
• Design and implement data warehouse schema.
• Develop guidelines and best practices to ensure data standardization and consistency
• Perform data cleansing and data auditing as necessary to ensure data quality
• Solve problems and presents creative solutions to internal teams
• Work closely with engineers to design, implement and delegate components
• Develop and execute unit tests for product components
• Provide accurate work estimates for proposed projects
• Participate in resolving key issues that impact the performance of the product
• Work with QA to ensure high quality of delivered product
• Contribute ideas to improve product functionality, maintainability and/or performance of product.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree required
• At least 2 years’ experience with ERWIN or similar data modeling tool.
• 5+ years hands-on experience withlarge scale data warehouses and analytics products.
• 5+years ofRelational and Dimensional Database Experience; Oracle Strongly Preferred
• 5+ years PL/SQL experience. Must be extremely proficient.
• 2+years of big data analytics experience using Hadoop and Map Reduce.
• Performance tuning experience
• Data warehousing and modeling experience
• Good communication skills - able to communicate effectively with technical and product personnel
• Customer focused and team player
• Experience with near real-time analytics process.
• Experience utilizing traditional BI and big data analytics products for reports.
• Knowledge of the implications of developing for high-availability clustered environments
• Experience with Oracle Loader and ODI.
• Experience with UNIX shell scripting
• Knowledge about Online game development
Sr Software Engineering Manager
Submit to job  Save to cart
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in San Francisco, CA
View similar jobs:
Locate this job: