Key Account Manager Job Listing at Invensys in Plymouth
Title: Key Account Manager
Location: United Kingdom (Great Britain)-Plymouth
The Key Account Manager owns the relationship between Invensys and allocated Key Account(s) and is responsible for ensuring that the business delivers on its commitments to those customers. They are responsible for coordinating business activity in advance and then "project managing" delivery.
Specific accountabilities for each allocated Key Account(s):
* Understand customer strategic plans and operating initiatives. Identify opportunities that arise from these plans for Invensys, and communicate these to all key stakeholders within Invensys.
* Working with other functions (Marketing, Marcoms, Engineering etc), develop, maintain and implement an account plan including initiatives which support both customer and Invensys strategic plans, and tactical activities to enhance the relationship / commercial terms.
* Develop and maintain a trade marketing plan and calendar for the Key Account, leveraging customer marketing activities where possible to drive promotion in the most cost-effective way.
* In particular, work with Product Management and Field Sales to establish appropriate new product launch activities that drive maximum penetration and growth. Proactively work with the Key Account to seamlessly manage any phase-out of existing product.
* Develop and maintain a customer contacts plan across all levels of Invensys and the Key Account, with particular focus on building strategic partnerships with key decision makers. Ensure that contact interactions happen to plan, outcomes are communicated back to Invensys stakeholders and appropriate actions are taken.
* Where the Key Account has international operations, work with sales managers internationally to leverage strengths and knowledge in individual markets and drive pan-European growth initiatives.
* Work with Legal and other stakeholders (Invensys and customer) to ensure appropriate contracts and other commercial agreements are in place.
* Ensure that business commitments are delivered to the customer on time and to expectation so that we maintain a reputation as a preferred supplier to Key Accounts. Results will be measured through Customer Satisfaction Survey.
* Manage account performance and financials for the Key Account(s):
* Deliver or exceed Annual Operating Plan sales revenue and New Product revenue.
* Ensure robust sales forecasts are reflected in appropriate Invensys systems.
* Review and understand performance trends by product line, following up as appropriate with other functions to establish action plans.
* Ensure correctness of rebate and other Invensys payments.
* Track customer payments and resolve disputed items in a timely way.
* Educated to degree level, preferably in a business or technical discipline.
* Previous key account management in a B2B environment, ideally in an international branded consumer durables business with strong wholesale route to market.
* Strategic business development expertise, with broad experience of all elements of account planning through execution, including trade marketing, product launch management, listings / stock management, customer relationship management, commercial terms (price negotiations, rebate / discount structures) and other aspects of contract negotiations.
* High level of commercial savvy. Experience at creating and assessing business plans and pricing deals.
* A high degree of personal credibility to interface and negotiate with customers at a senior level.
* Good understanding of company function needs and processes (Marketing, Engineering, Finance, Manufacturing and Legal).
* Fluent in English.
IT literate with standard business applications.
Knowledge of the principles of `Miller Heiman' and the ability to put them into practice.
* Knowledge of the HVAC market and issues which will impact on the customer's business.
* 80% travel associated with the role. Home-based.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Sales jobs in Great Britain
View similar jobs:
Business Development Managers
SaleCycle - Rainton Bridge, Tyne and Wear
National Account Manager - TIGI
Ben and Jerry's - United Kingdom
Customer Services Associate (North Yorkshire)
AstraZeneca - 1310MD North Yorkshire
Locate this job: