Manager, Project Delivery Engineering Job Listing at Invensys in Mexico City
Title: Manager, Project Delivery Engineering
Location: MEX-Mexico City
Invensys Operations Management is a global technology, software and consulting organization leading significant change in process manufacturing, plant optimization, business operations and enterprise performance. We do this by helping our customers to take advantage of manufacturing and business operations. Our solutions help to automate plants and facilities and allow a wide range of personnel to receive and respond to changes in conditions more quickly and effectively, and thereby keep their operations running efficiently and safely.
Primary Purpose of the Job :
Responsible for the management of all engineering, projects and services activities from contract award to final customer acceptance, to assure customer satisfaction and acceptable finance performance.
To direct and take overall responsibility for the Engineering Operation and the projects and customer services being executed achieving commercial success for Invensys (meet or exceed performance targets) and delivery success as viewed by the customersTo also collaborate, contribute to and drive Invensys performance growth as part of the management team.
· Develops a regional a short and long term business plan and forecast that includes receipts, deliverables profiles, manpower utilization and margin. Is responsible for meeting the targets set by the EEC business plan. Manage and lead the Projects and Engineering operation to maximise business performance in terms of revenue and profit margins whilst ensuring continued customer satisfaction.
· Overall responsibility for hiring, discharges, promotions and salary actions, for personnel within the operation. Contribute as a member of the management team (locally, regionally and globally) to determine the company's overall business strategy and gain commitment to this strategy and ensure delivery from the operations group.
· Establishes measurable objectives with assigned personnel and regularly monitors performance. Administrative responsibility for all engineers, including performance reviews, coaching, training and all other aspects of Standard Personnel Policy. Direct, plan and prioritise the use of the group's resources to achieve the optimum utilisation and profitability whilst continually assessing group performance to identify and implement improvement actions in concert with other operations.
· Provides regular feedback on service activities and project progress and on performance of personnel involved in project. Evaluate customer acceptance of Company efforts and identify organization deficiencies and/or potential problem areas. Manage, lead and motivate staff to achieve excellence within their roles and profession ensuring identification and fast tracking of high potential employees.
· Co-ordinates development efforts on project commitments when required. Ensure success of the whole of Invensys business by providing support and collaboration with other operations and functions for the overall benefit of the company. This especially includes supporting and working closely with Sales, Solutions and other associated functions.
· Identifies areas for improvement in the implementation and control of project change orders and recommend guidelines and procedures to management for improved performance. Ensure adherence to all relevant policies, procedures and regulations
· Implements effective control on in-process sales order projects, including planning, scheduling, budgeting, staffing and reporting to meet the established delivery and profit objectives for the project. Through personal leadership and coordination of the efforts of the project team members, develop and encourage a positive customer satisfaction attitude. Coordinates efforts of Invensys sub-contractors when required
· Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients sharing intelligence with other relevant parts of the business
· Works with Sales and Marketing and counterparts in Customer Engineering to effectively develop and use automation, industry application packages, reusable engineering content from previous projects, and in general, put in place highly productive, profitable engineering capability to serve the account. Perform any other reasonable tasks in accordance with instructions as maybe requested by management.
· Works very closely with the Service Sales section in the development of new business and the growth of existing business
· Ensures that customer satisfaction in the services provided is continuously improved
· Implement and adhere to the Quality Performance and HSE parameters and local polices and ensures Company policies are followed
· Participates in setting quality KPIs with customers and ensures that the highest standards of service quality are met. He participates in the Quarterly service quality meetings held with clients and personally attends those held with major customers
· Ensures active contribution of the operations team into the CQAs and proposals prepared by the regional proposal teams.
· Produces timely forecasts for the operations financial performance in terms of revenue, costs, risks and upside as required and discusses and agrees same with the regional LT teamEnsures that Invensys processes and systems are implemented and adhered to in running the operations
We offer an exciting new role in a truly international and expanding company. An established infrastructure and the freedom to act will enable you to help shape this role and make your success our success. We expect a lot, give room for personal growth and reward high performance
· Minimum 10 years in the process control industry with at least 5 years proven experience in project/department management position.
· Formal Project Management/commercial/business training.· Previous proven experience in Operations Management or equivalent role.
· Establish Plans
· Analysis Issues
· Lead Courageously
· Foster Open Communication
· Coach and Develop Others
· Foster Teamwork
· Manage Execution
· Know the Business
· Act with Integrity
· Display Adaptability· Demonstrate Interest in Others
· Position requires an experienced and capable individual who is self motivated, articulate, and decisive with strong management/leadership skills.· Must be team and task oriented but capable of logical and original thought with the ability to react coolly under stress, plus be prepared to travel widely and work unsociable hours if necessary.
Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Provides guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies. Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect the immediate organization.
Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends. Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Acts as advisor to subordinates to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. Develops and administers schedules, performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities.
Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results will add to costs and may impact the short-term goals of the organization.
Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company. Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
Manages, sometimes through subordinate supervisors, the coordination of the activities of a section or department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Mexico
View similar jobs:
Project Engineer - Senior
APC - VC
Converting Quality Tech
3M - San Luis Potosí
Quality System Administrator
3M - Mexico
Locate this job: