Senior Project Application Engineer - Nuclear I&C Job Listing at Invensys in Lake Forest, CA (Job ID invensys-1203599)
Title: Senior Project Application Engineer - Nuclear I&C
Location: CA-Lake Forest
Senior Project Application Engineer - Nuclear
North America Nuclear Engineering team
Location: Lake Forest, California
Do you have experience working on software development for nuclear safety-related applications? Do you have a solid understanding of power plant operation, the software development lifecycle, and NRC regulatory requirements? Do you have exp...erience delivering software controls for power plants?
If so, check us out!
INVENSYS OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
Invensys is the only automation company with the experience and track record in Safety and Critical Control as demonstrated by its 27 years of experience in safety systems, in excess of 8,000 installed systems, the only approved Nuclear Regulatory Commission Commercial Off-The-Shelf controller for Nuclear 1E Applications, large number of TÜV Certified Functional Safety Engineers deployed worldwide and patented TMR technology.
As a Senior Project Application Engineer you will work on significant and unique issues for nuclear power plants where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles and state-of-the-art technical knowledge. You will be provided the opportunity to exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Perform senior level assistance at all levels of a safety and non-safety related control project (sales, specification, factory acceptance test, and startup). A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of nuclear power plant design issues. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise. Single technical interface with Project Manager. Assists in transfer of project to Customer Service. This position may supervise the activities of others.
Application Engineer -
Areas of process control expertise may include the following:
• Reactor Protection Systems (RPS)
• Engineered safety feature systems
• Information Systems important to safety
• Various nuclear plant control systems (main steam, flow and recirculation flow, etc.)
• Design, startup, upgrade of control systems for nuclear power plants or other related industry
• Experience with nuclear industry standards (IEEE 603, 323, 344, 126.96.36.199, etc.)
• Experience in working in 10CFR50 App. B Environment
• Experience with nuclear plant licensing documents (FSAR, Tech Spec, etc.)
Duties and responsibilities include:
· Oversees pre-sale and/or post-sale support of company products/systems.
* Provides technical support in sales presentations, product demonstrations, installation and maintenance of company products to ensure that the system is functioning according to specifications.
* Provides answers to customer inquiries concerning system software and applications.
* Provides software development and consultation to prospective users.
* May build a mini-application based on customer requirements to demonstrate feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping.
* Interprets customer technical specifications and generates strategies for implementation in production.
* Assists customer in defining detailed application, system, and hardware requirements.
* Directs implementation for complex major projects.
* Prepares detailed hardware/software specifications on company products and develops detailed engineering estimates for potential projects.
* Assists in developing/assessing risk factors on various applications.
* Supports Engineering in the development phases of new products.
* Reviews the software design with the lead programmer.
* Consults with 3rd party vendors to define interface.
* Coordinates and/or participates in on-site engineering, start-up and application commissioning.
* Provides technical leadership in application and customer acceptance tests.
* Defines the requirement and supervises installation and wiring of all testing equipment.
* Assists in sales in the promotion of applied services through customer presentations, publications, surveys and studies.
* Provides estimating and front end risk analysis of potential projects.
* Evaluates project documentation and implementation for consistency and reusability.
* Coordinates the technical transfer to the customer services operation and produces post shipment analysis on all technical aspects of the project.
* Develops software and completes all necessary documentation to meet requirements of the application specifications.
Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Will champion significant projects, programs and business initiatives using demonstrated creativity and ingenuity. Barriers to entry exist at this level. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel (Team Lead). Provides regular updates to supervisor on project/account status. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise. Internally recognized specialist on complex technical and business matters. Individuals with a customer focus have developed the acumen to manage and cultivate positive customer relations.
Bachelor's Degree in engineering (Electrical or Chemical preferred), computer science, or related discipline. Master's Degree preferred.
6-10 years of related experience in nuclear power or similar industry. Consideration will be given to candidates with control system (Triconex or similar) upgrade/programming in similarly regulated industries such as Oil&Gas, Pharmaceutical, Medical Devices, Navy Nuclear.
In addition to competitive salaries and inclusive benefits, we offer global career opportunities and travel to new places to inspire fresh, new thinking. We believe in rewarding and recognizing risk-taking and creativity. We also promote a healthy work-life balance as essential for your personal growth.
Invensys is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer
CONNECT WITH US!
·Check out our CAREERS Page –careers.invensys.com
·Like” IOM Careers on Facebook!bit.ly/IOMCareers_FB
·Follow us on Linkedin -bit.ly/IOM_Li
·Follow us on Twitter -twitter.com/InvensysOpsMgmt
·Watch us on You Tube -youtube.com/invensysVideos
·Read our Blogs -bit.ly/IOMBlogs
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Orange County, CA
View similar jobs:
QC Tech - Food Science
Kelly Services - San Clemente, CA
Network Operations Center Engineer
Talentburst, Inc. - Costa Mesa, CA
Quality Inspector (Class A)
Belcan - Garden Grove, CA
Locate this job: