Process Automation Control Systems Engineer- Velocity Job Listing at Invensys in Worthing
Title: Process Automation Control Systems Engineer- Velocity
Location: United Kingdom (Great Britain)-Worthing
Process Automation System Control Engineer
– Worthing, England
Competitive Salary & Package
(Relocation package is also available)
Invensys Operations Managementis a global technology, software and consulting organisation leading significant change in process manufacturing, plant optimisation, business operations and enterprise performance. Invensys Operations Management is a leading global supplier of Process Automation products, solutions and services to both industrial and process customers. The company’s international reputation as a provider of innovative solutions across a broad spectrum of vertical markets is supported by engineering services designed to realise greater benefits to customers’ plant-wide assets.
Invensys has an exciting opportunity for designers of high performance process automation system components to join an R&D team designing new products and solutions.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for the definition and delivery of control algorithms integrated with Invensys’ range of control and safety products. The Engineer will be capable of managing small teams of experienced engineers identifying, designing, developing and releasing systems for the process automation markets.
The candidate will have a strong background in designing control algorithms for the process industry, and be able to:
1) Define how control is presented to the both the system integrator and the end user.
2) Architect how algorithms will execute within a product and across a distributed control system.
3) Define the performance characteristics of the control algorithms to suit the process control applications.
4) Design new algorithms to improve performance and optimisation of processes.
The Candidate will be knowledgeable in the design of real time embedded software in high availability products. He will have a good understanding of IEC61131-3 and be able to design systems to execute FBD/SFC/ST languages. Experience of working within functional safety processes will be an advantage.
The candidate will be able to show experience in leading innovative technology design, with a keen focus on quality and delivery commitment, within a structured development process.
The role will require a combination of technical and team leadership experience.
The role will involve working closely with other internal groups, outsource and technology suppliers. Strong communications and an ability to build a strong team across geographic and cultural boundaries will be essential skills.
The ideal candidate will have experience of the full development lifecycle. The main function of the role will be to architect, select solutions, and develop plans, designs and acceptance criteria for complex software/hardware sub-systems which can be combined into scalable systems.
The candidate will be able to advise product technical support, and resolve customer problems related to product performance or system application.
The role may require travel within the UK and overseas.
Experience / Qualifications
· Degree in Control Engineering, Software, Electrical or Electronic related subject.
· Matlab/Simulink algorithm development experience.
· Industrial Automation Product Design for regulatory control, IEC 61131-3
· C and Object oriented design
· Embedded Real Time Software such as VXWorks, Windows 7 Embedded, Linux Embedded.
· Functional Safety Product Design according to the IEC 61508 & 61511 standard and TUV certification processes.
· A good understanding of the redundancy and fault tolerance requirements necessary for industrial automation.
· Security Standards such as NERC, ANSI/ISA-99, ISO 27002, ISO 15408, RFC 2196.
· Outsource Product Development Experience.
· CMMI, PMI
· Industrial Network Interfacing Product Design
· Excellent Communication Skills
Invensys Operations Managementoffers you a competitive salary including a benefits package and the advantages of a professional environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please send your resume with a cover letter to:email@example.com
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in London
View similar jobs:
Order Agent - IT Asset Management
SunGard Financial Systems - London
DB2 Developer, Data Warehouse
Expedia - London
CIB - Informatica Developer - Associate
J.P. Morgan - DE, Delaware
Locate this job: