Embedded Firmware Engineer (Products) - Worthing Job Listing at Invensys in Worthing
Title: Embedded Firmware Engineer (Products) - Worthing
Location: United Kingdom (Great Britain)-Worthing
Embedded Firmware Engineer
(Products) – Worthing, West Sussex
Competitive Salary & Package
Invensys Operations Managementis a global technology, software and consulting organisation leading significant change in process manufacturing, plant optimisation, business operations and enterprise performance. Invensys Operations Management is a leading global supplier of Process Automation products, solutions and services to both industrial and process customers. The company’s international reputation as a provider of innovative solutions across a broad spectrum of vertical markets is supported by engineering services designed to realise greater benefits to customers’ plant-wide assets.
Invensys has an exciting opportunity for engineers to join the Research & Development team designing new products and solutions.
An Engineer is expected to take responsibility for individual modules, with input to the product design. They will take responsibility for designing and documenting the module to specification ensuring quality and on-time delivery within budget, as well as supporting existing designs.
An Engineer will be competent in a broad range of technical skills, be able to work as part of a team and participate in review meetings. They will be capable of working with minimal supervision.
An Engineer will be proficient and compliant with Departmental Tools and Procedures, support other Eurotherm departments, other Invensys business groups and customers as required.
The role may require UK & International travel.
Experience / Qualifications
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a detailed knowledge of many, if not all, of the following.
· Degree in Software, Electrical, Electronic or Control Engineering, Computer Science or similar related subject.
· Have a working knowledge of fundamental principles in their discipline.
· Attend and participate in brainstorms and design review meetings as required by other engineers in the department.
· Take responsibility for module design.
· Take responsibility for writing design specifications and design test specifications and for carrying out reviews. Capable of writing reports.
· Implement designs and perform design tests.
· Have a good working knowledge of product(s) or aspects of products.
· Provide support to Projects, the Support desk and maintenance of existing designs.
· Have an awareness of market, application and customer needs and should offer creative and innovative input regarding new products, services or features and application of new technologies.
· Participate in site/customer visits for the purposes of providing support or research/understanding customer requirements/training.
· Be involved with external suppliers in order to progress and resolve issues.
· Play an active part in implementing improvements in working practices.
· Assessment and approval of production changes (CNs, concessions, SERs).
· Provide 'hands-on' support to Production and Test Engineering.
· Continuous self-improvement and maintenance of skills through training.
· Perform research in areas defined by others.
Typical Software Skills;
· Linked List, Hash tables, Get & Pointers in queues, Sorting algorithms
· File access read/write, binary/text
· Understand and resolve complex C compilation issues
· Use Test frameworks
· Use Debug tools/ In Circuit Emulators
· Code size optimisation in embedded instruments
· Number representation, e.g. Big Endian/Little Endian Floating point formats and limitations.
· C Collections, C CStrings, Overloading Functions, Constructors/Destructors
· Memory allocations schemes
· Programming in C/ C#/.NET/ Delphi/ Java/ Basic/ Assembler etc
Project Management Skills;
An Engineer will be expected to:
Successfully manage small projects or takes an active role in larger sized
Contribute to process improvement and to the successful delivery of measurable
Organize and prioritise workload.
Contribute to Work breakdown structures with realistic estimates of effort.
Report on progress and communicate issues or concerns in a timely manner.
Full clean driving licence
Fluent spoken and written English
To apply for this role or for further details, please contact;
Alternatively, please apply via the careers website atwww.invensys.com
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in London
View similar jobs:
Big Data Developer
Expedia - London
CIB - Core Analytics Development - Developer
J.P. Morgan - United Kingdom
CIB - Application Developer - Associate
J.P. Morgan - United Kingdom
Locate this job: