Sr Real-Time SW Engineer - Velocity Job Listing at Invensys in Worthing (Job ID invensys-1203048)
Title: Sr Real-Time SW Engineer - Velocity
Location: United Kingdom (Great Britain)-Worthing
Sr Real-time Software Engineer – Worthing, England
Competitive Salary & Package
(Relocation package is also available)
Invensysis a global technology, software and consulting organisation leading significant change in process manufacturing, plant optimisation, business operations and enterprise performance. Invensys is a leading global supplier of Process Automation products, solutions and services to both industrial and process customers. The company’s international reputation as a provider of innovative solutions across a broad spectrum of vertical markets is supported by engineering services designed to realise greater benefits to customers’ plant-wide assets.
Invensys has an exciting opportunity for software designers to join an R&D team developing high performance process automation system components.
The Engineers will be capable of contributing in small Agile teams of experienced engineers identifying, designing, developing and releasing systems for the process automation markets. The successful candidates will have responsibility for the definition and delivery of sub-systems and technology components.
The candidates will be able to show experience in innovative technology design, with a keen focus on quality and delivery commitment, within a structured development process.
The role will involve working closely with other internal groups, outsource and technology suppliers.
The ideal candidates will have experience of the full development lifecycle. The main function of the role will be to design and implement high quality software solutions.
The role may require travel within theUKand overseas.
Experience / Qualifications
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following.
· Degree in Computer Science, Software, Electrical, Electronic or Control Engineering, or similar related subject.
· Excellent Communication Skills
· C and object oriented design
Demonstration of any of the following would beadvantageous;
· Embedded Real Time Software such as VxWorks
· Security Standards such as NERC, ANSI/ISA-99, ISO 27002, ISO 15408, RFC 2196.
· Familiarity with the development or integration of communcations protocols (everybody)
· Industrial Automation Product Design for regulatory control, IEC 61131-3
· Functional Safety Product Design according to the IEC 61508 & 61511 standard and TUV certification processes.
· A good understanding of the redundancy and fault tolerance requirements necessary for industrial automation.
· C# and/or .NET experience
Invensys offers you a competitive salary including a benefits package and the advantages of a professional environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please send your resume with a cover letter to:email@example.com
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in London
View similar jobs:
Hays - Worthing, United Kingdom
Hays - London, United Kingdom
URS Infrastructure and Environment UK Ltd - London, United Kingdom
Locate this job: