Chair, Breckinridge School of Nursing and Health Sciences Job Listing at ITT Educational Services, Inc. in Rancho Cordova, CA (Job ID itttech-14192)
Chair, Breckinridge School of Nursing & Health Sciences
Tracking Code 2012-14192
# Positions 1
Location US-CA-Rancho Cordova
Minimum Experience (Yrs.) 5
Category Breckinridge School of Nursing
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
* Apply for this job online
* Share this job on your Social Network!
More information about this job
ITT Technical Institute is a leading provider of technology-oriented postsecondary degree programs designed to help students develop skills and knowledge they can use to pursue career opportunities in a variety of fields. At our more than 140 accredited ITT Technical Institutes located in approximately 40 states, we predominately provide career-focused degree programs of study in fields involving technology, criminal justice, business, and nursing to approximately 80,000 students. Today, we continue to execute our model, add new programs of study, and grow at a very rapid pace building new campus locations across the country.
The Chair provides administrative leadership for the Breckinridge School of Nursing and is accountable for the administration, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the nursing program. The Chair supervises nursing program faculty and adjunct instructors and supports students in all nursing program areas.
* Provides leadership in all activities related to nursing program academic policies, curriculum, resources, services and program evaluation.
* Conducts regular nursing faculty meetings for purposes of curriculum and policy discussion, evaluation, and revision.
* Collaborates with the Director in budget development, makes recommendations for program resources, and administers the program budget.
* Makes recommendations for the hiring, promotion, and retention of nursing faculty and instructors.
* Collaborates with the Associate Dean for orientation, training, and development of faculty.
* Oversees the supervision, coaching, mentoring, and performance evaluation of nursing faculty in collaboration with the Dean and Associate Dean.
* Facilitates the establishment of cooperative agreements/contacts for clinical practice sites and nursing education articulation.
* Assures that student to faculty ratios for patient care experiences are maintained in accordance with state board of nursing regulations.
* Serves as program liaison with the state board of nursing and nursing accreditation bodies.
* Motivates students to actively participate in all aspects of the educational process.
* Assists with student problem resolution, student orientation, and advising.
* Maintains and reports student grades and attendance and implements student retention initiatives in accordance with policies and procedures.
* Participates in activities that contribute to the governance of the college and promote collaboration with community constituents.
* Completes professional development activities to maintain subject area expertise in accordance with college standards and/or as assigned.
* Participates in core course academic support programs, certification programs, and student professional associations at the college when possible.
Master’s degree in Nursing is required. Formal education degrees must be from an accredited institution recognized by the US Department of Education.
Must have a minimum of 15 semester hours in the subject area. The required level of academic preparation may be higher in some states.
Minimum of five years of applicable experience in the field of specialty, including two years of related teaching experience in a post-secondary accredited institution is required. A thorough knowledge of program offerings, instructional methodology, and effective utilization and administration of the program is necessary. Supervisory experience is helpful.
Experience in presenting material to all levels of employees or students. Possess strong interpersonal skills such as: the ability to build cooperative relationships by being perceptive of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do selling or influencing others—convincing others to change their minds or actions and the ability to utilize different methods and mediums to deliver course material.
Efficiently utilize a personal computer and related software including Microsoft Office, course management system software, and internet proficiencies.
Proven educational or administrative experience in solving complex problems for individuals or teams. Experience with analyzing and identifying the strengths and weaknesses of options and exercise critical thinking, problem solving, and judgment skills.
Proven track record of project completions.
Proven record of multi-tasking and ability to handle a high pressure environment with significant timeline pressures.
Past history of developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
Must have current unencumbered license as a Registered Nurse in the state.
At ITT Technical Institute, we are experiencing terrific growth and offer robust career development and advancement potential! We offer a competitive salary, 401(k), group medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, a tuition discount program of more than 50% for you and your immediate family members, and employee tuition reimbursement, just to name a few.
Visit us athttp://careers-itt-tech.icims.comto learn more about us and apply online.
ITT Technical Institute issues, on an annual basis, a Safety and Security Policies and Crime Statistics Report. The Report discloses information about our College’s safety and security policies and procedures, and statistics concerning the number of particular crimes reported to each College and local law enforcement agencies as occurring on each College’s premises or public property adjacent to the School. The Report serves to inform each College’s students, prospective students, employees and prospective employees of the existence and enforcement of the College's safety and security policies.
To access the Report for calendar year 2011 and a Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act Notice, go to: http://info.itt-tech.edu/CAMPUS_SAFETY.
ITT Technical Institute will provide a paper copy of the Report upon request.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Healthcare-Nursing jobs in Sacramento, CA
View similar jobs:
MEDICAL REVIEW RN
Mercy Healthcare Sacramento - Rancho Cordova, CA
RN - Neuroscience - Break Relief - Night (2230-0430) *
Mercy San Juan Medical Center - Carmichael, CA
Physical Therapist , Per Diem *
Mercy General Hospital - Sacramento, CA
Locate this job: